Why did this team shatter mentally over the 2nd half of the season? | Syracusefan.com

Why did this team shatter mentally over the 2nd half of the season?

Flacusian

All Conference
Outside of playing some solid defense upon occaision, this team and especially it's seniors play has deteriorated to a level that is impossible to comprehend. They may have actually been in some of the recent contests but the offense has been scary bad. Not only are the shots not falling, they don't even have the most remote chance at finding the hole in the hoop.

There has got to be some rational explanation as to what has happened to this team. I just can't figure it out at all. There is undeniable talent on the team but this group is embarrassing at this point.

We may find out one day, but something is terribly wrong. Is someone sleeping with someone else's girlfriend?

This was the topic at our game watch today. Seems that something has gotten into the middle of this team. I don't believe that they are as bad as some on here say. We had some great wins this year. The team seems to have fallen apart. They rattle easily. Seems to be no leadership, or fire. I do think they care, but something is not working out anymore. And we have no real team leader to hold it together. That is where Scoop was so great. There is no team cheerleader to fire us up when we start having troubles in games. Many sports announcer had us as a potential final four team until about 2-3 weeks ago wwhen this slide started. I can't believe that they were all so off in our talent. Something else is going on. Some team drama.

Outside of playing some solid defense upon occaision, this team and especially it's seniors play has deteriorated to a level that is impossible to comprehend. They may have actually been in some of the recent contests but the offense has been scary bad. Not only are the shots not falling, they don't even have the most remote chance at finding the hole in the hoop.

There has got to be some rational explanation as to what has happened to this team. I just can't figure it out at all. There is undeniable talent on the team but this group is embarrassing at this point.

This sort of thing happens. I see it all the time in baseball. Good hitters go into slumps. Then they start pressing and then things get worse.

Big League baseball teams sometimes put the slumping hitter or the pitcher who suddenly can't throw strikes down in AAA for a few weeks to work on basic, build back confidence, and give him the reps he needs. But SU doesn't have a AAA affiliate or even an Jr. Varsity.

I have watched very good golfers blow up.

Our problem is that two players were carrying the team offensively and they both have gone colder than an eskimo's toes. And they just cannot get back on track.

This was the topic at our game watch today. Seems that something has gotten into the middle of this team. I don't believe that they are as bad as some on here say. We had some great wins this year. The team seems to have fallen apart. They rattle easily. Seems to be no leadership, or fire. I do think they care, but something is not working out anymore. And we have no real team leader to hold it together. That is where Scoop was so great. There is no team cheerleader to fire us up when we start having troubles in games. Many sports announcer had us as a potential final four team until about 2-3 weeks ago wwhen this slide started. I can't believe that they were all so off in our talent. Something else is going on. Some team drama.

Nahh. That's extremely unlikely.You are not a frequent viewer of the Soap Opera channel are you?

There's no leadership because there is no star. Our most consistent player, Fair, is a role player and not someone who will ever take over a game.

There's no leadership because there is no star. Our most consistent player, Fair, is a role player and not someone who will ever take over a game.

If CJ can't become the "go to" guy, aren't we going to have the same problems next year?

Unless Rak and DC can become the next Etan or AO, we'll be a team of role players again.

If CJ can't become the "go to" guy, aren't we going to have the same problems next year?

Unless Rak and DC can become the next Etan or AO, we'll be a team of role players again.

I'm not optimistic.

I like Fair, a lot. I have been saying for months that he is the guy to go to when things aren't working. But he is not the #1 option and won't ever be IMHO..

I don't see a lot of upside. Someone said he could develop into another Hakeem Warwick. I don't think so.

RAK and DC as AO? That's also hard to envision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom