Why did Wake play an ACC game on 12/06? | Syracusefan.com

Why did Wake play an ACC game on 12/06?

cpatrocks

Starter
They played NC State on 12/6...and FL State played ND on 12/13.

What's up with these two really early conference games? It seems odd they would schedule these games when all the other teams conference season didn't start until January.

Swofford has really done a number on the Wake Forest/NC State rivalry/series. For years, the second Wake/State game of the season was always held on Senior day/night. About 7-8 years ago, the ACC stopped that tradition for some unknown reason. Now, they have Wake/State playing a ridiculously early conference game in early December.

Its really weird. I think you guys should be playing Pitt on senior night, instead of State (this year) and Wake should be playing State. Just my two cents.

Swofford has really done a number on the Wake Forest/NC State rivalry/series. For years, the second Wake/State game of the season was always held on Senior day/night. About 7-8 years ago, the ACC stopped that tradition for some unknown reason. Now, they have Wake/State playing a ridiculously early conference game in early December.

Its really weird. I think you guys should be playing Pitt on senior night, instead of State (this year) and Wake should be playing State. Just my two cents.

I don't recall ever playing Pitt on the last home game of the year. Those games are brawls that usually get played in the middle of the conference season...I don't think anyone wants to see that for our last home game (at least not me).

Nothing like those 30 point blowouts against Depaul we used to have on Sr night in the Big East.

I don't recall ever playing Pitt on the last home game of the year. Those games are brawls that usually get played in the middle of the conference season...I don't think anyone wants to see that for our last home game (at least not me).

1984, 1985, 1988, 1993, 1997 & 2001.

Anyway - I still don't understand why there two conference games scheduled on 12/6 and 12/3. Doesn't seem fair.

The ACC has 15 teams thus during conference play 1 team is off during the week and 1 team is off during the weekend. Some teams saved 1 non-conference game for during the season like Miami, Duke for when their bye was scheduled. Some teams FSU-ND, Wake-NC State decided to play a conference game themselves two byes during the regular season to get rest during a long year. This will keep their players during the grind of the season to have to stretches with a full week off.

Duke has St Johns next week.

They do that often though.

We used to do it quite a bit too. Michigan St 03, missouri 03 and 04, louisville and UCLA 00, tenn 02, nc state 01, south carolina in 99, louisville in 98, alabama in 96 and 97, kentucky in 94 and 95, and so on and so on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom