Why don't we contest for rebounds on our FT attempts? | Syracusefan.com

Why don't we contest for rebounds on our FT attempts?

Cramz

Walk On
It seems like we make little effort to go after rebounds of our own FT misses. It was especially evident when Chukwu went to the line for a 1 and 1 with 1:07 left and we kept all our players in the back court. I can see why you might decide to do that from a coaching perspective, but we seem to give token effort under normal circumstances and often bail out on rebounds that might be gettable.

Has Coach Boeheim ever addressed this? Is it an effort to mitigate foul trouble? Is it defensive strategy? Are they just not getting after it? I remember a comment Boeheim made years ago about a late-game situation where we had everyone pulled back while shooting FTs and he said something like "I didn't tell them to do that."

Anyone else notice this?

It seems like we make little effort to go after rebounds of our own FT misses. It was especially evident when Chukwu went to the line for a 1 and 1 with 1:07 left and we kept all our players in the back court. I can see why you might decide to do that from a coaching perspective, but we seem to give token effort under normal circumstances and often bail out on rebounds that might be gettable.

Has Coach Boeheim ever addressed this? Is it an effort to mitigate foul trouble? Is it defensive strategy? Are they just not getting after it? I remember a comment Boeheim made years ago about a late-game situation where we had everyone pulled back while shooting FTs and he said something like "I didn't tell them to do that."

Anyone else notice this?
JB has said you're more likely to get a foul than a rebound. Of course, JB says stuff.

Chukwu, marek and oshea have been picking up off fouls like this all season i noticed, i want them to be aggressive on the line but not too aggressive.

With how offensively challenged we are the don’t risk fouls excuse isn’t smart.
We should be able to expect our guys to fight for 2nd Chance points when we can’t score and not worry about fouling.

All the above plus, exertion g excess energy when it can be spent recouping is not in the cards for this squad

Not to change the subject but when battle hit the tree to give SU a three point lead 55 to 52 I dindnt believe it that the tv score showed 54 to 52. I said holy crap this gin is powerful.