personalbias

Walk On
Scale: +++ =---
+
O -Overall (+,=,-) in comparison to last year
++
DR - Def Reb (ratio of avail rebs) SLand, DC2, Kieta, CJ
+
OR - Off Reb Conversion (ratio of avail rebs to point conversion) SLand, DC2, MCW, CJ
-
ToP - TO to Pts (turnover into points conversion)
=
FTc - FT (made front end 1:1 conversion ratio)
+
CS -Critical Scoring (points/possess last 2 min of game) struggle early progressing late
++
CD - Critical defense (def stops/possess last 2 mins of game) Big size line front to back of zone
+
A - Assists - improved and consistent 3 threat negates lack of penetrator & opens floor
++
3P - 3 point % struggle to find consistency early progression late
+
2P - 2 point % DC@, SLand, Kieta, CJ, DC2
++
I - Intangibles (fewer off floor issues, no critical injuries, luck)
Prediction: While it is hard to imagine SU improving it record beyond that of last year, I do think that there will be certain in-game tangibles that will have improved which not the least of will be offensive and defensive rebounding. SU’s critical defense will be improved from a half court stand-point specifically a reliable 3 point threat opening their half court offense and compleneting their transition defense. SU will win BE, win BE tourney and advance to FF. I really don't have too much time on my hands, just my personal-bias...

Is there an app for that?

Shooting, rebounding, can MCW make things happen at the end of the shot clock -- maybe we start to learn something tonight.

Improvements among the returning forwards (Rak & Southerland), how much can Cooney help -- maybe we start to learn something tonight.

+
++
+
OR - Off Reb Conversion (ratio of avail rebs to point conversion) SLand, DC2, MCW, CJ
-
=
+
CS -Critical Scoring (points/possess last 2 min of game) struggle early progressing late
++
CD - Critical defense (def stops/possess last 2 mins of game) Big size line front to back of zone
+
A - Assists - improved and consistent 3 threat negates lack of penetrator & opens floor
++
+
++
Prediction: While it is hard to imagine SU improving it record beyond that of last year, I do think that there will be certain in-game tangibles that will have improved which not the least of will be offensive and defensive rebounding. SU’s critical defense will be improved from a half court stand-point specifically a reliable 3 point threat opening their half court offense and compleneting their transition defense. SU will win BE, win BE tourney and advance to FF. I really don't have too much time on my hands, just my personal-bias...
I have never been so excited about a team than this years team. Last year I predicted a 29-2 regular season, this year I will predict a National Title.

+
++
+
-
=
+
++
+
++
+
++

While that all sounds so analytical, there are some differences we'll have to deal with this year, if we want to accomplish what we did last year, like these:
  • Fewer people who can get to the rim on the drive, and no one on the elite level at it
  • No one who can run an isolation and be sure to get a basket
  • A small step back in shot blocking. Fab was second only to Anthony Davis in the percentage of possessions he blocked shots.
  • As you point out above, a step back in terms of turnovers at the top of the zone leading to breakaway dunks
This team is going to have to score from running the offense, not individual skill. That's tough in late game situations against elite defensive teams. I think again we will have great balance, and we should rebound better than last year, but we have a number of shortcomings, too, compared to last year. One big advantage we may have is if Southerland and Cooney can give us consistent 3 point shooting. They are both better pure shooters than our leaders from last year.

While that all sounds so analytical, there are some differences we'll have to deal with this year, if we want to accomplish what we did last year, like these:
  • Fewer people who can get to the rim on the drive, and no one on the elite level at it
  • No one who can run an isolation and be sure to get a basket
  • A small step back in shot blocking. Fab was second only to Anthony Davis in the percentage of possessions he blocked shots.
  • As you point out above, a step back in terms of turnovers at the top of the zone leading to breakaway dunks
This team is going to have to score from running the offense, not individual skill. That's tough in late game situations against elite defensive teams. I think again we will have great balance, and we should rebound better than last year, but we have a number of shortcomings, too, compared to last year. One big advantage we may have is if Southerland and Cooney can give us consistent 3 point shooting. They are both better pure shooters than our leaders from last year.

Good points. I think we counter the create your own shot this year with the ability to have a low post scorer and pure shooters to kick out to. I also think that Triche/MCW both could be the guys that get to the rim. Triche can get in the lane to get the short pull up, MCW still crafting is technique. I think having those two along with shooters and a guy who is a threat to score around the hoop can counter the individual skill. If you look at UK last year.. individual skill helped to a certain extent but the pieces they had and guys who could make shots was key. MCW and Brandon need to be the guys who can make he "scoop" shots where shot selection wasn't always great but it didn't matter because he was making them.

I worry about turning the ball over more. We rarely turned it over last year.
I worry about guard depth if we get into any type of foul trouble.

I think we will be very good. I think we will be head and shoulders better at the end of the season and cant wait until NCAA time.

I worry about turning the ball over more. We rarely turned it over last year.
I worry about guard depth if we get into any type of foul trouble.

I think we will be very good. I think we will be head and shoulders better at the end of the season and cant wait until NCAA time.
20-1 I like it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom