Why is CC still pitching in th bottom of the 7th? | Syracusefan.com

Why is CC still pitching in th bottom of the 7th?

CaliCuse

All American
The Yanks "supposedly have a great bullpen to protect late ing leads. CC isn't the ZCC of old to give you those 100 pitch counts and finish games. Joe G> I think takes the hit on this one.

The Yankees have two good relievers. Everyone else in the bullpen has sucked.

I am more concerned that on the rare occasion that Sabathia pitches well, he still cannot go beyond the sixth inning. Realistic Yankee fans hoped Sabathia would be a solid 4th or 5th starter this season. So far, he does not belong in the rotation at all.

CC only threw 85 pitches through the 6th inning. Not unreasonable to expect one more inning out of him.

Unfortunately, he gave up a hit and a walk to open the 7th.

It's not what you want.

CC only threw 85 pitches through the 6th inning. Not unreasonable to expect one more inning out of him.

Unfortunately, he gave up a hit and a walk to open the 7th.

It's not what you want.
hen begins to "loosest", it happens fast now. No it wasn't unreasonable for him to go another inning but I thought they were going to use the bullpen as part of their policey. Its not like he was going for a no hitter so leaving him in was the right thing to do. They have a big line of short inning players to do the job including a recent call up who needs to work. Yesterday was that opportunity.

Well the Yankees are down 4 zip tonight and Capuano who does not throw hard enough to break a window pane and was given a 5 million dollar contract is the pitcher of record.