Why is scoring down in college basketball? | Syracusefan.com

Why is scoring down in college basketball?

90% of all charge calls are really blocks (statistics- look it up;) ), if those were called correctly, defense would be played an entirely different way.

Not to mention the other 50 recommendations I've seen on this site that would help the game.

fewer fouls called : independent referees get to to home earlier. screw the game.

I would like to see Pomeroy's stats on change in percentages through the years of high-scoring players leaving early for the NBA.

Better officiating, like the NBA's. Take at least 5 secs of the shot clock.

They need to make it easier for guards to penetrate. It will open everything else up. Hammer the contact fouls on the perimeter in OOC -- call 50-60 fouls in some games. It will make some bad games for the first 8-10 games of the year. But they will learn.

Watching the L'ville and Cincy game this past weekend, I was appalled by the amount of hand checking going on. They kept on mentioning how the teams are so strong defensively but Bilas(?) stated that the refs not calling everything helps. The thing that kills me is this type of game kills BE teams when they get to the NCAA because other conferences aren't allowed to be as physical as the BE.