why is this board so slow to load? | Syracusefan.com

why is this board so slow to load?

upperdeck

Living Legend
I tried several browsers and machines but this board loads so slow.. often 5-10 secs to load pages.. Even typing a response i can barely type a sentence without a 5-10 wait between words.

Seems to be a you problem. Haven't had any issues. Using chrome btw on both mobile and PC.

I tried several browsers and machines but this board loads so slow.. often 5-10 secs to load pages.. Even typing a response i can barely type a sentence without a 5-10 wait between words.

Yeah, it's been happening like that here for a long time. The ISP blames the browser (I use Firefox), the browser blames the infrastructure, and around and around it goes. I asked the same question here a year or so ago and received no response. It's my guess there are several reasons for it, and no one source can resolve it all due to the many variables. Not the least of which is that the browser needs time to load user and region-specific ads. But I've been wrong before.

i would say ads make sense on the load side, but once page loaded why does it pause so often in the reply window.. its almost unusable at times..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom