Why no Hopkins presser at Melo center? | Syracusefan.com

Why no Hopkins presser at Melo center?

gilardino

Starter
1) In 2000, Louis Orr went to Siena, he had a presser at Manley, and sobbed

2)2011, Rob Murphy, same thing he left and had a presser and sobbed

Nothing from Mike Hopkins, it feels as he never said bye to his home for the past 29 years

1) In 2000, Louis Orr went to Siena, he had a presser at Manley, and sobbed

2)2011, Rob Murphy, same thing he left and had a presser and sobbed

Nothing from Mike Hopkins, it feels as he never said bye to his home for the past 29 years
Honestly it's a little odd.

I find it very odd, not even to say bye to the media, the fans and all the lives he touched in this community? Yes he is form the west coast, but Mike has lived in the 315 more than he has out west. Sad ending and sad that there will never be a goodbye from Mike to the Syracuse faithful

I find it very odd, not even to say bye to the media, the fans and all the lives he touched in this community? Yes he is form the west coast, but Mike has lived in the 315 more than he has out west. Sad ending and sad that there will never be a goodbye from Mike to the Syracuse faithful
I agree 100%. There was bitterness there. Who it was toward, we'll probably never know. Happy human beings don't act this way toward those they love & appreciate. I'm sorry but Mike left town with a palpable bitterness.

Really??? I'm sorry but the guy just left a place/job he's been at for 30 years... With the coach he's had since he played his heart out... Oh yeah...to make millions.. Maybe he doesn't want to express his feelings in public. I wouldn't.

Good luck Mike. Thanks for all you have done and hopefully you make UW relevant in basketball again.

Tom

I agree 100%. There was bitterness there. Who it was toward, we'll probably never know. Happy human beings don't act this way toward those they love & appreciate. I'm sorry but Mike left town with a palpable bitterness.
Really??? I'm sorry but the guy just left a place/job he's been at for 30 years... With the coach he's had since he played his heart out... Oh yeah...to make millions.. Maybe he doesn't want to express his feelings in public. I wouldn't.

Good luck Mike. Thanks for all you have done and hopefully you make UW relevant in basketball again.

Tom
Watch his presser today at UW if you want to see how he felt about his time at Syracuse University and how he feels about JB.

Glad he didn't end up at Wichita State
1M8Fuc8F_400x400.jpg

Watch his presser today at UW if you want to see how he felt about his time at Syracuse University and how he feels about JB.
Are you saying he's bitter about his time at SU under JB ? I only watched a few of his interviews.. but he seemed to me to be trying to be more "rallying the troops" than "driving a bus over someone"... but maybe I missed something ( it's happened before). Please elaborate.

Washington asked him to have his Washington press conference first. I have no idea why or how come that was important to them.

Are you saying he's bitter about his time at SU under JB ? I only watched a few of his interviews.. but he seemed to me to be trying to be more "rallying the troops" than "driving a bus over someone"... but maybe I missed something ( it's happened before). Please elaborate.
Just the opposite

Washington asked him to have his Washington press conference first. I have no idea why or how come that was important to them.
Perhaps because he wasn't a "name" hire and they wanted to show their fan base what they were getting as soon as possible.

You have to be kidding me with this. Watch his press conference today - he's been in the center of a tornado and trying to move 3000 miles away. This is not Siena, you can't just take a couple weeks off and then load up the family truckster in metallic peat to drive cross country to get there. He had nothing but love and praise for Syracuse and JB. He had to stop himself from breaking down when he mentioned the man';s name. He called him a father figure. I'm sure he will eventually do something as a farewell.

You have to be kidding me with this. Watch his press conference today - he's been in the center of a tornado and trying to move 3000 miles away. This is not Siena, you can't just take a couple weeks off and then load up the family truckster in metallic peat to drive cross country to get there. He had nothing but love and praise for Syracuse and JB. He had to stop himself from breaking down when he mentioned the man';s name. He called him a father figure. I'm sure he will eventually do something as a farewell.
14222272_10207443057134807_6729015471525277943_n.jpg

You are probably right. A lot of us, myself included, can jump the gun on things like this. I did see the presser today and no doubt he was overcome with emotion when it came to JB and this town. Great guy, going to miss him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom