Why The Big East Failed | Syracusefan.com

Why The Big East Failed

umm, why do you have a link to the Pitt ACC shop?

I like it. Revenue knows no irony.

They should start selling WV Expansion Fever t-shirts as well.

Big East is Solid.jpg

Description

You’re a strong believer in showing people the way. In fact, you’ve converted most of your family to members of the Pittsburgh Panthers faithful. You also believe that the Atlantic Coast Conference is where all of the real collegiate competition comes from. Celebrate the ACC and Pitt when you wear this ACC Arch T-shirt, featuring “Pittsburgh Panthers” arched lettering over a team wordmark and a conference logo. You know that the ACC is truly the best conference of them all, but you want everyone else to be able to see it too!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Unreal.

Miami killed it and their own program at the same time. ND or Penn St in the conference and it would still be around.

ACC wasn't a great conference when the first schools jumped. Still isn't.

Big East remained good because BC was the best football team out of VT, Miami and them the first few years in the ACC those losses weren't devastating.

The C-USA additions to the Big East were good but none have the name brand needed.

It worked out for Cuse, I think this is a better time to jump to the ACC because Pasqualoni had killed SU football circa 04 (I hate Robinson as much as anyone else but he didn't inherit a good situation like it may appear) and we werent in position to go there and compete. ACC is down right now for FB apart from the 2 prominant schools in FSU and Clemson. Very good timing for us. And we should be able to whip on BC and do better than VT, Miami, and Pitt not to mention the rest of them.

Discontinued now. So they either realized and pulled it. Or they sold out.