Why the concern over McDonald's resume? | Syracusefan.com

Why the concern over McDonald's resume?

Czar

All Conference
It's not unheard of for guys to bounce around a bit. Especially when WMU is a launching pad to bigger conferences, Brewster got fired, and Miami is about to have the hammer thrown down.

It's not unheard of for guys to bounce around a bit. Especially when WMU is a launching pad to bigger conferences, Brewster got fired, and Miami is about to have the hammer thrown down.

Part of the issue is that he just accepted the WR position at Arkansas in December 2012. He does have a $50k buy out, I think.

Personally, I believe he is entilted to try to better his position when he can. His history suggests that he is ambitious. More power to him. The board needs to keep this mind if he is successful here. He will certainly be looking to make the next move up the coaching ladder.

Glass house and stones.

Part of the issue is that he just accepted the WR position at Arkansas in December 2012. He does have a $50k buy out, I think.

Personally, I believe he is entilted to try to better his position when he can. His history suggests that he is ambitious. More power to him. The board needs to keep this mind if he is successful here. He will certainly be looking to make the next move up the coaching ladder.

Glass house and stones.
He is absolutely not entitled to better himself or his career! Not at the expense of my fandom!

Glass house and stones.

OC>WR Coach. Also god knows, look at Charlie Strong, You gotta take jobs when you can get them.

OC>WR Coach. Also god knows, look at Charlie Strong, You gotta take jobs when you can get them.

Yeah, that is kinda what I said. The other shoe is that, if one of our recent hires - pick one - gets a better offer ($$) or higher position, it would be hypocritical to fault him for leaving, even though the timing is terrible.

We don't know that he's the OC just yet, but even if he is, at some point, everybody was a position coach before somebody took a chance on them being a coordinator.

I have no problem with it. He never would be hired for the job if he didn't share Shafer's vision of what the offense should be. And I think it was quite clear, aggressive attacking offense that makes a defense defend the whole field.

Those that criticize his moving around are likely being hypocritical. The guy I'd bettering his career and likely getting a nice pay increase. ANY coach would do that. Hopefully, people will better understand HCDM and his coaches' decisions to move up as others do the same. That's the coaching business and stuff happens. It's hard to question motives and get so upset at these guys...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom