Why Wagner Will Win | Syracusefan.com

Why Wagner Will Win

SWC75

Bored Historian
- North Dakota State 24 Kansas State 21, Eastern Washington 49 Oregon State 46, Northern Illinois 28 Iowa State 20, McNeese State 53 South Florida 21, Towson 33 Connecticut 18, Eastern Illinois 40 San Diego State 19. A total of 8 FCS teams beat FBS teams on the opening weekend alone, (the other two involved Georgia State and South Alabama, who should be in FCS themselves)> Since Division 1AA was formed, 415 teams on that level have beaten teams on the 1A level. http://www.footballgeography.com/history-of-fbs-i-a-vs-fcs-i-aa/

- Of course, it helps to be a good FCS team. But the Seahawks are a good FCS team. They went to the FCS playoffs last year, (yes, some teams get to be in playoffs in this sport), and lost to Eastern Washington, (see above) by 19-29. Dominque Williams is a fine running back with a grudge against SU for not giving him a scholarship, much like Miguel Maysonet of Stony brook last year, who rushed for 1598 yards against us, including a 71 yard scoring jaunt.

- Our record against FCS opponents is not bad, (we have yet to lose to one) but we haven’t exactly dominated them. In Doug Marrone’s first year we Maine threw everything but the kitchen sink at us and we finally subdued them 41-24. The next year we did better, beating the Bears 38-14 and Colgate 42-7. My memory of both games is that they were closer than those scored indicated. Then we beat a 3-8 Rhode Island team only 21-14 the next year. Last year Stony Brook led at halftime 14-17 before we came back to win 28-17. And that was our break-through high-powered offense of last year.

- When your team is dysfunctional, playing a weaker opponent is not going to be the cure. You have to get better on your own. If the offensive line can’t open holes, if Drew Allen stares down receivers, if the defensive backs aren’t communicating, those things are going to happen against Wagner, too and Wagner can take advantage of them, too. Maybe not as well as Northwestern, but they can do it.

- The place is going to be mostly empty. It will hardly be intimidating for the visitors.

- Keep the underdog in it and it’s anybody’s ball game. And we will keep them in it.

Not thrilled with the wording of your last point. It probably should read: we have a HISTORY of keeping them in it. I am not so sure wagner will be in this one.

Wagner will win because the team gets explosive diarrhea and the Marching Band has to run some plays.

Maysonet rushed for 1598 yards against us and we still won? Dang, thats pretty impressive.

Hoping gor a good old fashion blow out thus year. Long time coming.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Maysonet rushed for 1598 yards against us and we still won? Dang, thats pretty impressive.

Hoping gor a good old fashion blow out thus year. Long time coming.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

The human typo. Actually it was 163, according to the new media guide I just bought today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom