Why We'll Win | Syracusefan.com

Why We'll Win

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Bryant has beaten Thomas, (Thomas who?), Dartmouth, Florida International and Detroit Mercy. They lost to Florida Atlantic. Those are all teams Syracuse would be expected to beat. Thomas lists the Bryant game as an exhibition, but Bryant seems to consider it a game that counts.

- Bryant obviously loves to get out and run. We can do that and do it with better athletes than they’ve got. Our team is beginning to sort itself out after starting out to be a collection of players. That St. John’s loss was probably our best game yet. This one will be better.

- Bryant has no size to speak of: one 6-7 guy, two 6-6ers and no one else above 6-3. Even Chris bell should be able to get some rebounds in this game.

- Not only were we coming out of quarantine two years ago but there were no fans allowed in the arena. This team will be fully healthy, fully practiced and fully supported. And they will realize that Bryant is a team that could beat them if they don’t bring their ‘A’ game.

- Boston College has no running game at all. They are averaging 61 yards per game and two yards per carry, easily the worse in the country, (BCS). This is one team that isn’t going to steam roll us up front.

- They are only averaging 17 points a game. If we can jump out to a significant lead, they are unlikely to come back. If we can get to our average of 28 points, we’ll win easily.

- They are giving up 30 points a game, so they are unlikely to prevent us from get to 28. They give up more rushing yards, (168) and passing yards (204) than we do, even with the big yards we have bene giving up in recent games. Our triumvirate of Shrader, Tucker and Gadsden should have big games.

- If we can cover their big pass catching threat, Zay Flowers, Emmett Morehead will be looking around for someone to throw to. Flowers has 70 catches. Nobody else has more than 26.

- 41% of their kickoffs are returned. It could be another big day for Messers Pena and Jackson.

- This will be Andre Szmyt’s last regular season game and after the Wake Forest debacle, he’ll make it a good one.

6-5 and 2 and 3-2 and 26 to go!

LET’S GO ORANGE!!!

I think this is the first combined basketball and football Why We Win I’ve seen

I've done basketball separately on special occasions, (too many games and too many early overmatched opponents to do it all the time in that sport). I combined this one because I see both as 'must-win' games and decided to put them together. The two games are almost one event.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom