Wilkes and Anderson... | Syracusefan.com

Wilkes and Anderson...

Deano

All American
Time for a change. I'm sick of seeing these two get torched every game on pass plays. Can't our DC figure this out. Time to go with the younger blood.

BTW when Wilkes got hurt I thought our D got better...things that make you go hmmmmmm.

Yeah, we sucked defensively tonight.
Did I say that? No, but haven't these two been getting torched most of the season. UC and UL would have a field day against those two. If UConn has figured it out how many other teams will too.

What i wanna know is how in the hell did uconn have the 6th best defense in the country (if i was reading espn right)?

Did I say that? No, but haven't these two been getting torched most of the season. UC and UL would have a field day against those two. If UConn has figured it out how many other teams will too.

In fairness, no you didn't say that.

What i wanna know is how in the hell did uconn have the 6th best defense in the country (if i was reading espn right)?

What great offensive teams have they played so far? Other then us.

BTW when Wilkes got hurt I thought our D got better...things that make you go hmmmmmm.

Didn't Desir commit a horrendous pass interference penalty the very play after Wilkes got hurt? Or was it two plays later?

This is a good point--is their defense really that good, and by the transitive property did we just house a reasonably good opponent, or was tonight's performance a fluke?

If it's the former, then I believe we can get three more wins and squeak out bowl eligibility.

i think anderson is very good against the run.

they probably should've made him a safety,

Said the same thing to my brother during the game. Rishard is good against the run. Not the best in man coverage.

Time for a change. I'm sick of seeing these two get torched every game on pass plays. Can't our DC figure this out. Time to go with the younger blood.

Really?

We're really complaining right now, about our DEFENSE of all things?

I'm gonna come back in like 10 minutes to make sure I read this right.

What great offensive teams have they played so far? Other then us.
They've held both Rutgers and NC State to their season lows in points.. That's the best i've got haha

Seriously man...good call. Any other school with depth galore and these guys would be riding pine. RA is bad in man coverage, worse in zone, and OK vs the run. The smart teams bubble screen his way all day.

Really?

We're really complaining right now, about our DEFENSE of all things?

I'm gonna come back in like 10 minutes to make sure I read this right.

Yes, and it's valid. Grand scheme of things-wise obviously...

Watching Desir be as far off in some coverages as Wilkes typically was leads me to believe it's as much scheme as personnel. They ask the FS to cover in ways that may be too difficult at this level.

Used to think it was just Wilkes but after tonight makes me wonder if it's the nature of our D.

Watching Desir be as far off in some coverages as Wilkes typically was leads me to believe it's as much scheme as personnel. They ask the FS to cover in ways that may be too difficult at this level.

Used to think it was just Wilkes but after tonight makes me wonder if it's the nature of our D.

its probably because our defense seems to be designed not to give up big plays. no one has hit too big on us. that means safetys are playing off. and since shamarko mixes it up, then wilkes is being told not to let anyone behind him under any circumstance.

its probably because our defense seems to be designed not to give up big plays. no one has hit too big on us. that means safetys are playing off. and since shamarko mixes it up, then wilkes is being told not to let anyone behind him under any circumstance.

Exactly. I'd add that at this level Wilkes, or any FS in the scheme, is susceptible to looking in the backfield and reading run while the TE gets enough behind them for a big gain.

Guess that means I should give Wilkes more benefit of the doubt.

Apologies, I didn't read the title when I responded so I thought you were basically calling for Shafer's head.

I like Lyn a lot more than Anderson, although Anderson's been better these last two games (couldn't get much worse). I'd like to see more Eskridge in for Wilkes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a day for negativity, but I was saying the same thing last night. With Anderson and Wilkes, we have a good defense. If two better players started in place of them, we could have a very god defense.

Apologies, I didn't read the title when I responded so I thought you were basically calling for Shafer's head.

I like Lyn a lot more than Anderson, although Anderson's been better these last two games (couldn't get much worse). I'd like to see more Eskridge in for Wilkes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apology accepted. Remember it was after the game and I believe some of us had quite a bit of alcohol in our systems, just ask RF2044, lol.

Didn't Desir commit a horrendous pass interference penalty the very play after Wilkes got hurt? Or was it two plays later?

I actually didn't mind that penalty. He was making a play on the ball, trying to cut in front of the TE and the TE just ran into him. It was a mistake out of agression trying to make a play vs desperation from being beaten badly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom