Will Coach K catch Coach Boeheim? | Syracusefan.com

Will Coach K catch Coach Boeheim?

obliterata

always in chronological order
Coach Boeheim now has 903 wins at Syracuse while Coach K has 867 at Duke. Will Coach K catch Coach Boeheim and become the winningest coach at one school? If MK coaches one more year than JB he just might do it.

Coach Boeheim now has 903 wins at Syracuse while Coach K has 867 at Duke. Will Coach K catch Coach Boeheim and become the winningest coach at one school? If MK coaches one more year than JB he just might do it.

I really liked your take on this, until I realized you might be serious. I didn't realize Coach K was that close. I guess the answer is it's definitely possible with the talent he always seems to have and his coaching ability. It could be like the finale of the first season of Survivor where Richard was able to somehow hang on to the pole longer than Rudy. I wonder if there is any unspoken rivalry beneath the friendship? If there wasn't, that certainly could change if neither retires after this season.

People are always wondering whether Coach B will catch Coach K for overall wins, I just thought I'd mention a stat where Coach Boeheim is ahead - it makes a cool headline.

;)

People are always wondering whether Coach B will catch Coach K for overall wins, I just thought I'd mention a stat where Coach Boeheim is ahead - it makes a cool headline.

;)

Awesome! That's how i took it upon first reading, then I put too much thought into it! Anyhow I undid my unlike and also gave you another. I agree completely and wish more folks saw it this way. I'd love to see Coach Boeheim go undefeated against Coach K in ACC play, at least.