Will Knicks' Anthony take a hike or a cut? | Syracusefan.com

Will Knicks' Anthony take a hike or a cut?

Knicks F Amar'e Stoudemire dishes on Carmelo Anthony's free agency, how to beat the Heat, his relationship with Steve Kerr, the NBA playoffs and more. Stoudemire
listen.png

Melo on the Hawks, Bulls, or Rockets make those teams very very very very good.

The mavs... ehhh. Would have no defense.

If I am Melo I tell Phil Jackson you take a paycut from your 12 million per year job and then I will listen to you about taking a pay cut. The Knicks aren't getting a FA for atleast another season and Philip expects Melo to take a paycut to stay the Knicks when the only advantage the Knicks have in FA is that they can overpay Melo and give him that 5th year.

Melo is either going to take the Knicks money and 5th contract or go to Chicago if Rose is healthy. Melo on the Bulls is exactly what they need which is a scorer who can score points. The Bulls with Thibs are a great defensive team, but can't score which is exactly what Melo does best.

Last edited:
I think Melo stays in NY and takes some sort of a relatively token PR pay cut.

The Knicks can give Melo a cut from his max and still offer him more money than anyone else can. Which might be the compromise here.

If I am Melo I tell Phil Jackson you take a paycut from your 12 million per year job and then I will listen to you about taking a pay cut.

and if I'm Phil I'd tell him my legacy is already made, and Melo's is not.

Why the F should melo even be requested to take a cut hes one of the top 3 scorers in the league? Is he making that much more then Durant???? Durants defense isn't exactly great for a mvp.

Howbout cutting amares money instead hes the biggest paid injured bench guy in the whole league.

If hes going to take a cut, make it clear that hes doing it out of kindness notating the knicks have no first round picks for like 3 years, and amare making a ton of money who can barely walk.

Melo needs to get out of New York, Dolan is a Jack*** of an owner, and the Knicks will never be relevant with him as the owner. Melo needs to be on a team with a chance to win a championship, if he's going to take less money, do it where he has a chance to win.

Durant's current contract is 5/85 million. (might be higher with him winning the MVP, not totally sure how all that stuff works) Melo's max deal would be about 5/130. So yeah, he's making that much more than KD. It's obviously not a totally fair comparison, based on when the deal was signed, but Melo's max contract is a pretty big number.

Melo taking the max will make it pretty hardf for the Knicks to win. Them messing other contracts up as well won't make it easy either, but i think he'll have the highest AAV int he league if he maxes out.

Howbout cutting amares money instead hes the biggest paid injured bench guy in the whole league.

If hes going to take a cut, make it clear that hes doing it out of kindness notating the knicks have no first round picks for like 3 years, and amare making a ton of money who can barely walk.

Fire Extinguisher: Don't blame me!

13994053067631.jpg

Joins Dion in Boston.

Melo needs to get out of New York, Dolan is a Jack*** of an owner, and the Knicks will never be relevant with him as the owner. Melo needs to be on a team with a chance to win a championship, if he's going to take less money, do it where he has a chance to win.
As a life-long Knickerbocker fan I'd have to concur. Bernard King didn't sniff a championship in NY, and Melo is headed in the same direction. Go to Chi-town where the pieces are in place and get that ring- nothing to stay for in Dysfunction Square Garden. :bang:

I'm hoping he goes to the Bulls. They need someone who can score. Getting the 2nd best pure scorer in the league makes them legit title contenders. And it would be a good fit for Melo too. Defensively he at least tries. His "bad defense" is completely overblown. He's decent. Playing for the Bulls might make him better, even. When's the last time he played for a good defensive coach?

Houston...I just don't see that working. Melo, Harden, and Howard? Seems like they'd be in each others way a lot. Parsons is already a good SF. Houston can win with what they have...if they get an actual good coach, and if that good coach actually makes Harden try on defense. That guy is a total joke on defense. The game winning 3 by Portland was his fault too. Rather than switching he stood there and watched, while Parsons helplessly scrambled to try to get around the staggered double screen and get there in time.

Atlanta will never put it together, and I'm not seeing how Dallas would be a good fit roster wise.

Rather than switching he stood there and watched, while Parsons helplessly scrambled to try to get around the staggered double screen and get there in time.

Why would you even have Harden on the court for this possession?

I cant believe how open Lillard was

I'm hoping he goes to the Bulls. They need someone who can score. Getting the 2nd best pure scorer in the league makes them legit title contenders. And it would be a good fit for Melo too. Defensively he at least tries. His "bad defense" is completely overblown. He's decent. Playing for the Bulls might make him better, even. When's the last time he played for a good defensive coach?

Houston...I just don't see that working. Melo, Harden, and Howard? Seems like they'd be in each others way a lot. Parsons is already a good SF. Houston can win with what they have...if they get an actual good coach, and if that good coach actually makes Harden try on defense. That guy is a total joke on defense. The game winning 3 by Portland was his fault too. Rather than switching he stood there and watched, while Parsons helplessly scrambled to try to get around the staggered double screen and get there in time.

Atlanta will never put it together, and I'm not seeing how Dallas would be a good fit roster wise.
I agree with this. Its Chicago or New York. I think in percentages its probably 60% New York 40% Chicago for Carmelo Anthony.

I also think Houston is going to trade Parsons because they will have to either make him a RFA this year or next year. Houston-Boston trading Parsons and stuff for Rondo and stuff I could see happening.

You don't take a pay cut on the come (ie: I really hope we sign another star and some top notch role players next year). You can elect to take a cut in order to play with some other great players who are known to you at the time AND they ALSO agree to take less so they can team up...like what LeBron, D Wade, and Bosh did.

Melo needs to leave the Knicks. There is nothing Jackson can do this year that will make them a contender and likely not the following year either. Melo is at his prime and soon will be going down the other side. Get out now while there is a chance to win a 'Ship.

Why would you even have Harden on the court for this possession?

I cant believe how open Lillard was

Good point. He's so bad that he shouldn't have been on the floor.

He can't handle even the most basic things off the ball. The Rockets next coach has to handle that.

And McHale was horrible. You could hear in the huddle before that, that they were completely unprepared and disorganized...and then that played out on the court.

McHale: "Dwight's on the ball".
Harden "I'll take on the ball!"
McHale: "No! Dwight's on the ball."
McHale: " Listen guys...kfdkfnd scds...stay with your guys, alright!"

By the way, Terrance Jones ended up on the ball. LOL. Huddle starts at about 55 seconds in, where you can hear.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Then they were completely disorganized. Parsons and Beverly switched guys right at the last second, presumably so that Beverly could switch onto Lillard after he came off the screen...Beverly then for some reason moved himself out of position so that he got caught underneath, which left Parsons chasing Lillard from behind.

Harden stood there and watched. You'd think anyone in the NBA would have the basketball instincts to see that and adjust and switch onto Lillard, who was obviously who they were looking for.

Completely ridiculous for Lillard to be THAT wide open and get as easy of a 3 as you can possibly get with 0.9 seconds.