Will NCAA mess free up some quality recruits | Syracusefan.com

Will NCAA mess free up some quality recruits

GooseMutt

All Conference
Seems logical. Would love to be in the hunt for one more stud

Seems logical. Would love to be in the hunt for one more stud
Doesn't even have to be NCAA.
Kid that Georgia had a verbal from is backing out until he sees what happens to Coach Fox who is on the hot seat.
Can't remember his name, but he is a 5 star PG. I believe he is only a junior.

Would be a shame if somehow Vanderbilt got into trouble and Simi Shittu re-opened up his recruitment.

Would also be a shame if somehow Maryland got into trouble and Jalen Smith re-opened up his recruitment.

Would also be a shame if somehow LSU got into trouble and Naz Reid re-opened up his recruitment.

There is a double-edged blade to consider, which is a bit unfortunate. If a program is in trouble over these recruiting issues, what is the probability that their elite recruits are tainted by the same issues? IMO, it is going to require a step beyond ordinary 'due diligence' before clean programs will consider them. I have my doubts that Bruce Bowen or Jahvon Quinerly will ever play a college game. If the NCAA decides that a family member can be a de facto agent, even if their actions were unknown to the recruit, then their amateur status is toast forever. It's going to be an interesting summer for any number of elite prospects.

no i ... (i can think of a perhaps obvious retort here but would certainly be banned for life. all 9 of them.)

or say syracuse gets dinged and little jimmy b goes to georgetown.

o3cwh.jpg.cf.jpg

There is a double-edged blade to consider, which is a bit unfortunate. If a program is in trouble over these recruiting issues, what is the probability that their elite recruits are tainted by the same issues? IMO, it is going to require a step beyond ordinary 'due diligence' before clean programs will consider them. I have my doubts that Bruce Bowen or Jahvon Quinerly will ever play a college game. If the NCAA decides that a family member can be a de facto agent, even if their actions were unknown to the recruit, then their amateur status is toast forever. It's going to be an interesting summer for any number of elite prospects.
Depends on the dude .. doubt Shaq would be swayed by free meals at long horn steakhouse ... he’s going to UCLA anyway

How can anybody be an unknown agent. Doesn't an agent have be acknowledged to do services otherwise ANY person acts for another is an agent. I could try an convince a coach to offer a scholarship to some kid I read about, that would make me an agent then wouldn't it? JB could buy me lunch and I talk about hs kids. I took compensation then on their behave. Ixm their agnt wether or not they know me.

How can anybody be an unknown agent. Doesn't an agent have be acknowledged to do services otherwise ANY person acts for another is an agent. I could try an convince a coach to offer a scholarship to some kid I read about, that would make me an agent then wouldn't it? JB could buy me lunch and I talk about hs kids. I took compensation then on their behave. Ixm their agnt wether or not they know me.

If a parent, or guardian, accepts money to insure that their child, or ward, commits to a specific school, I think that that qualifies the parent as an agent. I think this is true even if the recruit had no knowledge of the exchange of money. If the parent takes the money, and uses his, or her, influence to get the player to sign the LOI, then they have acted as an agent, albeit unknown to the recruit. At that point, if the prospect loses his amateur status, and if he had no knowledge of the transaction, I imagine that he might be able to seek damages from his parent(s) in court. Just one such case might serve as an example/warning for others. Regardless, it is the exchange of money that defines this situation.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom