Will the band keep pace? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Will the band keep pace?

I also noticed they didn't split the band up after halftime and move half of it to the opposite side of the Dome. Which many of us have been begging them to stop doing and finally got our wish.

Band seemed very quiet most of the game. Could barely make out the new first down thing from right above the band, not sure if speakers weren't on or if it is just that quiet.

Loved the way Down down the field is done after a TD with the "second verse" having no music and just getting sung. Also liked the use of the old first down chant after a fielded kick, before the start of a drive.

Maybe people will finally learn the words now

Stern said:
I also noticed they didn't split the band up after halftime and move half of it to the opposite side of the Dome. Which many of us have been begging them to stop doing and finally got our wish.
Yes, thank the maker.

I did also notice that at times the band seemed so quiet that I could tell they were playing, and the drum major was conducting, but no sound. I kept watching for the new first down thing, and never heard it. Eventually I could SEE them doing it but not hear it.

The train thing at kickoff is a great addition. Takes us back to the old tomahawk chop thing that happened up into the 90s. Get the building buying into that and it could be special. Only problem last night was a couple times the house music was playing over the top of them.

As to the house music, I'm pretty sure there was no DJ. Good riddance. I can't say I like the house music that was played, but at least it was new and not the old stale stuff.

Things are looking up.

#LetTheBandPlay

Such a respectful logo. ;)

I assume you are saying this tongue in cheek - but what is the difference between that and this?

2000px-USMA-BlackKnights-Logo.svg.png

CusefanATL said:
I assume you are saying this tongue in cheek - but what is the difference between that and this?

Seriously?

SU2NASA said:
Maybe people will finally learn the words now

Hahahahahahaha.

Syracuse fans are too cool to learn words to a fight song.

CusefanATL said:
What do you mean? why is 1 offensive, but the other isn't?

The former depicts a goofy/"savage" Indian on the warpath. The latter is a knight.

I'm not getting a political discussion on this.

The former depicts a goofy/"savage" Indian on the warpath. The latter is a knight.

I'm not getting a political discussion on this.

I think you meant Native American? The term Indian is offensive.

This guy look goofy to you? There are thousands of pictures/reenactments that depicts Native Americans like this. I wasn't alive back then to confirm, but if its an accurate depiction - what is offensive about it?

native-americans-attack-the-american-garrison-at-fort-dearborn-in-illinois-during-the-war-of-1812.jpg

Both pictures are 2 warriors in battle. Everything else is just PC at its finest.

Think Oranges are offended by Otto? He truly is goofy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom