Will these "Seniors" return ? | Syracusefan.com

Will these "Seniors" return ?

John Syracuse

Walk On
Chandler Jones, Dan Vaughn, Adam Harris, Dorian Graham, and David Stevens are all listed as Seniors, but did not participate in any games as a freshman. All have only played in 3 seasons to date. Will all these guys return ? How does that work, is it up to coaches or player ? or a little of both ? Would be great to see all these guys back. Go Orange !

Chandler Jones, Dan Vaughn, Adam Harris, Dorian Graham, and David Stevens are all listed as Seniors, but did not participate in any games as a freshman. All have only played in 3 seasons to date. Will all these guys return ? How does that work, is it up to coaches or player ? or a little of both ? Would be great to see all these guys back. Go Orange !

I believe Harris is done but I think all of them should be invited back for their 5th years. They are all huge contributors and will bring a lot to the table in terms of talent and experience. Would be silly to ask any of those kids to move on.

Depth is still such a huge issue. 3 of these kids are currently starters and the other two would likely be starters next season. That is 4/5 potential starters. They'll all be back, including Chandler now because he's already missed half the season - unless he has a monster 2nd half I doubt he'd get drafted.

Chandler has stated several times in twitter land that he will be back next season.

Even if Vaughn comes back, I'm guessing he will be supplanted by Lynch.

even so, you don't ask seniors to walk who will be on the 2 or even 3 deep. You just don't. Lynch blows out his knee and then who's going in the game?

By the way, Vaughan is second on the team in tackles with 41; in his first year of actual playing time. Lynch is right behind with 28, good for 5th. That's exactly what you want from a two deep.

I think you can add Ryan Nassib, Deon Goggins and Ian Allport to that list as well. Although I'm guessing Allport's concussion was bad enough that we won't be seeing him this year or next.

All of the seniors listed in this thread would be back IMO, unless the staff says otherwise. None of them are going pro, that's for sure.

Vaughn is having a fine year. As someone aptly pointed out, he's blue collar all the way. Lynch is a fine prospect and will push Dan, but not likely supplant him next year. Although with Cam's talent, it's possible. That said, Dan's a leader and perhaps a future captain. That's the difference.

5th year seniors seems to be a key ingredient for success, so let's hope so

even so, you don't ask seniors to walk who will be on the 2 or even 3 deep. You just don't. Lynch blows out his knee and then who's going in the game?

By the way, Vaughan is second on the team in tackles with 41; in his first year of actual playing time. Lynch is right behind with 28, good for 5th. That's exactly what you want from a two deep.

Oh, I don't believe he will be asked to walk.

No way Vaughan would be asked to walk. He's a leader on the team, and the coaches seem to love him for his work ethic. You keep kids like that around, because they are good for the program.

You have to remember that Marrone has already stated that the only way he offers a fifth year to a player is to a) finish their degree b) go to graduate school. If these guys aren't performing academically then I doubt he will bring one of them back. He's been quite ardent about this.

You have to remember that Marrone has already stated that the only way he offers a fifth year to a player is to a) finish their degree b) go to graduate school. If these guys aren't performing academically then I doubt he will bring one of them back. He's been quite ardent about this.

He pretty much has to say that. I am sure most kids that get to their 5th year are performing academically. To even be able to play a 5th year they have to be taking courses either completing their degree or as a grad student. I guess there could be the player that is in grad school to be eligible but has no intention to complete the year and will drop after the season.

I had seen it somewhere last year where he said that their gpa would have to be above a 3.0 to get the extra year...a lot of guys probably wouldn't qualify for that, but who knows.

Vaughn will be one of the most important players on our team next year. Kid is a true gamer and will only get better next year

Where would he go?
I am just saying that on Twitter, several people have asked him of his status for next season. "Are you going pro or staying at SU". He always twits back saying that he is returning to SU. Other than that I have nothing.

Agree i any Senior that has another year available will be asked back. I expect all of them to come back and all of them to make great contributions next year. Dan V is going to have one heck of a year and will be a great mentor to the younger guys

Vaughn can still play a key role next year as the sub coverage LB.

Stevens can have nice numbers next year in this TE/centric offense.

I thought he played 2 years at Cornell, no?

I thought he was only at Cornell his true frosh season (2008). Transferred after that and sat out in 2009. Played 2010, 2011. It was my understanding that he had one more season of eligibility left, but I could be wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom