Will this team win a conference game? | Syracusefan.com

Will this team win a conference game?

shandeezy7

Living Legend
And no, that's not an overreaction question. Seriously, what are the odds that this team goes 0-16 in conference? They have quit on the season. They can't beat anything close to resembling a Power 5 team. Honestly, next year doesn't look much better either with the crap recruiting lately. A complete and utter disaster.

I think we'll end up around .500 even with the piss poor OOC games we've played.

Going up and down the schedule there are a lot of winnable games.

Agreed, maybe it's just because we're always decent, but I don't see us finishing worse than 8-10.

Just let us finish at least 500 and avoid a losing season.

I can't pick out more than 5 wins in our conference schedule. We've lost to every team we've played that is mediocre or better, including getting our doors blown off by South Carolina, Wisconsin and a terrible St. John's team. Not sure how anyone can look at those results and think that this team will win 8 to 10 games in conference. I put that at about a 1% chance.

Yes. they will win some conference games. Good lord. And yes it's complete overreaction question. W..T...F

Clemson beat South Carolina in Columbia.
We will beat Boston College. They are a Patriot League team.

Yes. they will win some conference games. Good lord. And yes it's complete overreaction question. W..T...F

Based on what evidence? Who have they beat (or even played well against) this year that would make it so matter of fact that they will win games in-conference? I see a team that is incapable of playing against even mediocre competition, and one that looked like it completely quit on the season last night.

Based on what evidence? Who have they beat (or even played well against) this year that would make it so matter of fact that they will win games in-conference? I see a team that is incapable of playing against even mediocre competition, and one that looked like it completely quit on the season last night.

Put your money where your mouth is, they will win conference games. Your being irrational. There are some bad to mediocre teams in the ACC

I agree - looking at the schedule and our body of work to date - what definite wins are there on the schedule? And posters slamming BC - we heard that all last week too but used St Johns instead.

Put your money where your mouth is, they will win conference games. Your being irrational. There are some bad to mediocre teams in the ACC

I've already been told that I was being irrational after the Wisconsin beatdown, saying that we were an NIT team. Turns out I was being irrational - this team may not even be good enough for the NIT.

Syracuse is currently 14 out of 15 in the conference in winnning% with their best win being Monmouth (which is looking more and more like a fluke). BC beat a 9-2 Auburn team.

I can't see us getting more than 2 games in conference - we simply have awful players - Lydon, Thompson and Coleman are average for the ACC - the guard play which is the most important position in college is worse than most top high schools - we also dont have one possible pro - other teams have potential NBA players

I think we could split the BC series. How's the tiebreaker determined for 2nd to last place?

Not irrational. GT, Wake, and BC are probably the only wins. No way we are going into Clemson and beating them. How sad is that statement. They have been mostly handling us anyways in the ACC and they are the type of team that is our kryptonite. Good athletes/Good M2M/tenacious rebounders. Maybe we steal one from FSU or ND since we seem to have little trouble with Brey and Hamilton.

Clemson beat South Carolina in Columbia.
We will beat Boston College. They are a Patriot League team.

Just to balance the previous post that bumped this thread.

It's a long season folks. A month ago who would think the Texans would be crushing the Raiders in the playoffs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom