Will we have any healthy Point Guard's for the exhibition games? | Syracusefan.com

Will we have any healthy Point Guard's for the exhibition games?

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
Considering our first exhibition is Thursday it is worth the discussion. Carey sprained his ankle just 9 days ago.

Possibly not [although I'd expect Carey to be fine, or as close to it coming off an ankle sprain as you can be].

I'm of the mindset that we need to sit Frank for as long as it takes. He's experienced, and it is more important to get him healthy long-term than to rush him out for exhibitions. He'll knock off ring rust fairly quickly.

If neither Frank / Jalen can go, then I'd expect Hughes to shift into the starting lineup. Not perfect, but he and Battle should be able to get the job done against subpar competition.

Possibly not [although I'd expect Carey to be fine, or as close to it coming off an ankle sprain as you can be].

I'm of the mindset that we need to sit Frank for as long as it takes. He's experienced, and it is more important to get him healthy long-term than to rush him out for exhibitions. He'll knock off ring rust fairly quickly.

If neither Frank / Jalen can go, then I'd expect Hughes to shift into the starting lineup. Not perfect, but he and Battle should be able to get the job done against subpar competition.

Yeah not ideal not having guys in their expected roles though so close to the season.

Take it with a grain of salt, because this is second hand, but I hear Carey will play and Howard wont.

Will be a good for Jalen, if true, to get a bunch of run.

Franks definitely not playing. Tyus will play some point. With or without Carey being ready.

Franks definitely not playing. Tyus will play some point. With or without Carey being ready.
Tyus at the point sounds good to me. It would be consistent with what I am expecting to see from the young man this year, following his summer journey through NBALand.

As he said, he now knows the answers to the test, so he sees his role this year somewhat differently. Last year, it was, "Tyus, we're depending on you...we need you to score points for us, even when they are difficult to come by."

But this year, I think Tyus knows that all the team's weapons need to be used in order to them to get to the Promised Land. I think he's more focused on developing all those weapons to their fullest, on showing the NBA brass that he knows how to 1) WIN, and 2) how to blend his talents with others in a way that optimizes his efficiency on the court.

What better position from which to work that kind of magic than from the PG spot?

(I also expect to see him lead by example on defensive possessions this year, not something that was particularly evident last year, given that he can he can take a rest on the bench this year when needed :) )

I would guess Battle bring the ball up. It's an exhibition so maybe JB tinkers a little in case this bleeds into start of the season.

My thoughts for line up to start

PG Battle
SG Hughes
SF Brissett
PF Dolemite
C Chewy

Sprinkle in Carey and Buddy and Sid. Thoughts?

Also what is the word on Washington?

Last edited:
Just hope Frank is ready for the UConn game. With Hurley there I expect we'll see a lot of full court pressure. It would be good to have our senior PG there for that!

I would guess Battle bring the ball up. It's an exhibition so maybe JB tinkers a little in case this bleeds into start of the season.

My thoughts for line up to start

PG Battle
SG Hughes
SF Brissett
PF Dolemite
C Chewy

Sprinkle in Carey and Buddy and Sid. Thoughts?

Also what is the word on Washington?

Carey’s not playing. Otherwise he’d start at PG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom