Winners and Losers | Syracusefan.com

Winners and Losers

All4SU

Duos Cultores Scientia Coronat et Go Aureum
We've seen an unbelievable amount of conference shifting...some for the good, some not so much.

Winners:
Utah (The big winner so far, from non BCS to the Pac12)
Colorado (Found a better fit, especially with Nebraska off to the B10)
Texas A&M (Out of the shadow of Texas)
Syracuse & Pitt (Out of the BE, 'Nuff said)

Losers:
Missouri (More money in the SEC to be sure. But they were a better fit in the B12 or B10)
Boise State (No future for them with the Big East)

I think you can throw in Rutgers and UConn in the losers section, as well, especially if the new BE TV contract comes in much lower than they anticipated.

I'd argue TCU has been the biggest winner of all, given their leap to Big XII coupled with tiny-private-school status.

I'd also put WVU in the winners column and Louisville in the losers column (for now).

Nebraska was a big winner too. Their fanbase really embraced the move to the Big Ten, they joined an elite academic consortium, and got more $ in the process.

To me, the biggest loser in all of this is Louisville...

They went from the cusp of a B12 invite...to being "c*ck-blocked" by WVU...to being the "next one in" for B12 entry...to hardly getting a mention with the FSU-Clemson-Miami B12 sweepstakes.

The biggest winner in all of this is Kansas. They went from a Midwestern BBall powerhouse that no one wanted...in a league on the verge of collapse, to sitting at the table of a pseudo-stable "Big 4" conference.

Hard to believe that the Big East fb onlies were in a position to merge with the Big12 leftovers when Texas, Okla , Missouri, A&M, etc. were moving/rumored to be moving last year at this time.

I'd argue TCU has been the biggest winner of all, given their leap to Big XII coupled with tiny-private-school status.

Right. Forgot TCU. Absolutely in the winner category. Not naming UConn or Buttgers, because they are where they were.

To me, the biggest loser in all of this is Louisville...

They went from the cusp of a B12 invite...to being "c*ck-blocked" by WVU...to being the "next one in" for B12 entry...to hardly getting a mention with the FSU-Clemson-Miami B12 sweepstakes.

The biggest winner in all of this is Kansas. They went from a Midwestern BBall powerhouse that no one wanted...in a league on the verge of collapse, to sitting at the table of a pseudo-stable "Big 4" conference.

The biggest winner in all this is IOWA STATE. Mediocre football and basketball school sitting out there in left field all by themselves in a crumbling conference. No one wants them. No one even thinks about them. Now they are sitting pretty at the table of a pseudo-stable Big (4) Boy conference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom