Winning the ACC tourney | Syracusefan.com

Winning the ACC tourney

swish7

All Conference
  1. Avoid needing to win 5 days in a row, or fully embrace it. WTH?
  2. Avoid Clemson on Day 1
  3. Be the one that upsets UVA
  4. Pray someone else beats VT
  5. Don't pat yourself on the back too hard, when you secure that coveted 68th seed.

We can most certainly beat Virginia Tech. That series has been a homecourt matchup most of the times we have played. I think we have won more matchups since we joined the ACC.

We can win the ACC tournament if we close out the one or two possession games we have lost. Our issue is we play iso ball at the end. Virginia didn’t really beat us the careless turnovers beat us. This team has upside it’s just young with freshman and 2 veterans.

We aren’t beating VT. Their two bigs dominated us twice. You could see the difference last night with Virginia having no post up game.

We can most certainly beat Virginia Tech. That series has been a homecourt matchup most of the times we have played. I think we have won more matchups since we joined the ACC.

We can win the ACC tournament if we close out the one or two possession games we have lost. Our issue is we play iso ball at the end. Virginia didn’t really beat us the careless turnovers beat us. This team has upside it’s just young with freshman and 2 veterans.

I agree we can win it, if we can avoid VT.

Virginia took that game from us, IMO.

We can’t finish 1 game vs a big time team let alone 2-3 in consecutive days.

Not impossible though.
That, my man, is the challenge.

People dog JB for his pressers and coaching, and maybe rightfully so, but if they do not collapse and try to meet this challenge and perhaps win a couple games, and make it to the semis or whatever, that could be considered a testament to perhaps a culture he has created.

All hypothetical.

Point is, these losses are so deflating, but we have not, yet, seen the team give up.

People dog JB for his pressers and coaching, and maybe rightfully so, but if they do not collapse and try to meet this challenge and perhaps win a couple games, and make it to the semis or whatever, that could be considered a testament to perhaps a culture he has created.

All hypothetical.

Point is, these losses are so deflating, but we have not, yet, seen the team give up.

Yeah- at the beginning of last night's game it looked at first like that was exactly what the guys had done but all the sudden they changed gears thankfully.

It's a good group of kids that play hard for one another. That is one thing that has seemed evident since game 3 or 4.

Losing can become a virus of sorts, especially in such a manner as the games they have lost. Only need to point to Notre Dame as a separate example. Everything is also just so in the moment/present that these struggles year over year get magnified given that every season can potentially be a brand new core of players.

IT. CAN. HAPPEN. Crazy I know, but I can see a path to this happening, if, and I emphasize if, they continue to learn (Judah seemed more in control physically last night), and they play Symir more.
I was also struck by how much more in control he seemed to play. No mean feat against UVA.

Been on this train for weeks. We are taking the crown. Boeheim back for 12 years after it too.
Will he be the first coach to be coaching games while living in assisted living only to be allowed out during game days? If there was action for this, he would be the top candidate right? I’d take this +1000.

If we were to somehow conquer the ACCT it's probably more akin to Gtown making the run they did a couple years ago than anything. We would likely be better positioned to make it out of round 1 then the Hoyas were. We will need some luck in the form of Joe being on a hot streak for it to happen at minimum.

Pop-Pop.jpg

All hypothetical.

The players will not give up because if JB sees any of that he will bench said player.

I am going. I have my hotel reservation. I will visit with my friends in Durham beforehand and visit my son in Charlotte afterwards. It’s convenient for me. In 2020 I had great tickets and was all set to go, and then . . . . :rolleyes:

I believe our team may surprise in the tournament. They seem to be “this close” to figuring out how to win. They were humiliated at VT but came back against #6 int he country. This may sound stupid to many of you, but I am practicing radical acceptance. I am sending love to every team member (double dose to Benny) and coaches. I want to win, I am bitterly disappointed when we don’t, but then I breathe and rearrange my psyche. It works best for me because I have other crap things going on in my life and I’m trying to practice this with Everything Everywhere All at Once. Ha ha ha!

I’ll let you know how it works.

I think the money line for Syracuse winning the ACCT would be something like +25,000

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom