Wisconsin '97... | Syracusefan.com

Wisconsin '97...

A Clockwork Orange

2022 Cali Winner (Overall Record)
That's the last game we played against a peer school in an opening game, and dominated them in the fashion SU dominated last night.

I honestly expected SU to win this game, but I didn't expect them to be that solid on offense this early on. Yes, the penalties have to be fixed - but that win came against what Louisville newspapers were calling a revamped defense and an upgraded defensive backfield.

Can I use the word in regard to the offense last night? Dammit, I think I will. The offense looked multiple. Louisville was confused for a good portion of the night and if SU gets rid of some dropped passes and penalties, then this game is over well before the 4th quarter.

Shrader doesn't f**K around. It's like SU somehow stumbled into another quarterback that plays like a linebacker. Dungey and Shrader have similar profiles when it comes to the mentality they take into games with them. That rubs off on teammates. I think this team loves following Shrader.

We all know that Tucker has great straight-line speed, and has been dominant as a one-cut runner thus far in his career. Did anyone notice his lateral quickness on some plays last night in space? Tuck looked like Proto-Barry Sanders on some of those moves. That was unexpected and surprising. He has always had wiggle, but some of those moves in space were PlayStation-esque.

One more thing on Tucker, how in the everlasting hell did the ref not see the blatant facemask on him early in the game? That dude was no more than five feet from that play and missed it. He was the redneck drawl dude with thick glasses. I think he might need them to be a bit thicker. Score is 7-0 instead of 3-0 if that facemask is called.

On the defensive side, I was pleasantly surprised with a DL that did what it needed to against a veteran offensive line. Steve Linton is slight, but damn, if he doesn't remind me of Barkevious Mingo. Just so damn fast, the OL didn't know how to handle him.

Mingo.jpg

Should probably just start calling Duce Chestnut the Ghost, because that's what he may be this year. Teams may just not throw his way much. So then where are they throwing it, because Garrett Williams is going to feast if teams start going at him.

Kangaroo Max is a solid punter. He got his punts off quickly and put them where he needed to.

Andre seems like a different kicker this year - and did anyone notice Justin Barron's hands to recover a high snap? Babers said he loves Barron in that spot, and you saw why on that play. Great recovery by him on a poor snap.

1-0 and a lot of fun things to see. Some not-so-fun things? Thompson and Rhino are out for an extended time if not the year. Stef's injury looked like a ligament. You don't just go down in a heap like that without anyone hitting you unless something bad happened. I hope I'm wrong, but I've seen that type of non-contact injury too many times.

Don't look past UConn. They need to build on this win and put the screws to the puppies. 2-0 going into Purdue, and the dome crowd might start looking and sounding like the '90s again. Last night's win was a statement and one that CNY'ers will pay attention to if they do what they need to against UConn.

Last edited:
That's the last game we played against a peer school in an opening game, and dominated them in the fashion SU dominated last night.

I honestly expected SU to win this game, but I didn't expect them to be that solid on offense this early on. Yes, the penalties have to be fixed - but that win came against what Louisville newspapers were calling a revamped defense and an upgraded defensive backfield.

Can I use the word in regard to the offense last night? Dammit, I think I will. The offense looked multiple. Louisville was confused for a good portion of the night and if SU gets rid of some dropped passes and penalties, then this game is over well before the 4th quarter.

Shrader doesn't f**K around. It's like SU somehow stumbled into another quarterback that plays like a linebacker. Dungey and Shrader have similar profiles when it comes to the mentality they take into games with them. That rubs off on teammates. I think this team loves following Shrader.

We all know that Tucker has great straight-line speed, and has been dominant as a one-cut runner thus far in his career. Did anyone notice his lateral quickness on some plays last night in space? Tuck looked like Proto-Barry Sanders on some of those moves. That was unexpected and surprising. He has always had wiggle, but some of those moves in space were PlayStation-esque.

One more thing on Tucker, how in the everlasting hell did the ref not see the blatant facemask on him early in the game? That dude was no more than five feet from that play and missed it. He was the redneck drawl dude with thick glasses. I think he might need them to be a bit thicker. Score is 7-0 instead of 3-0 if that facemask is called.

On the defensive side, I was pleasantly surprised with a DL that did what it needed to against a veteran offensive line. Steve Linton is slight, but damn, if he doesn't remind me of Barkevious Mingo. Just so damn fast, the OL didn't know how to handle him.

View attachment 219544

Should probably just start calling Duce Chestnut the Ghost, because that's what he may be this year. Teams may just not throw his way much. So then where are they throwing it, because Garrett Williams is going to feast if teams start going at him.

Kangaroo Max is a solid punter. He got his punts off quickly and put them where he needed to.

Andre seems like a different kicker this year - and did anyone notice Justin Barron's hands to recover a high snap? Babers said he loves Barron in that spot, and you saw why on that play. Great recovery by him on a poor snap.

1-0 and a lot of fun things to see. Some not-so-fun things? Thompson and Rhino are out for an extended time if not the year. Stef's injury looked like a ligament. You don't just go down in a heap like that without anyone hitting you unless something bad happened. I hope I'm wrong, but I've seen that type of non-contact injury too many times.

Don't look past UConn. They need to build on this win and put the screws to the puppies. 2-0 going into Purdue, and the dome crowd might start looking and sounding like the '90s again. Last night's win was a statement and one that CNY'ers will pay attention to if they do what they need to against UConn.
Yes to all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom