Wisconsin | Syracusefan.com

Wisconsin

Col. Bleep

All American
The most fundamentally sound team in the country.
Fun to watch play even when they're in a grind out game.
They move the ball...move the defense...get good shots all the time.
And they're doing a terrific job keeping Baylor off the glass.

Coach Ryan's Swing Offense really is a joy to watch, especially given how he and his coaches teach and stress fundamentals and unselfish play. The UCLA screen/flex screen action (and the counters the offense uses to negate defensive switches, hedges, and overplays) provides great movement within a structured continuity motion.

The fact that they have added more ball screens to it this year makes it even that much more effective. It adds a dribble-drive element the offense hasn't always had.

I've said before that I wish SU would implement a continuity motion like the Swing or the Flex as a secondary half-court offense. It would allow our younger players to contribute sooner, adding depth to the bench. The pattern would allow them to come in knowing where to set screens for their teammates and where their shots will come from in the flow of the offense. Furthermore, it would allow our team to get more movement and better spacing in those games where the offense is stagnant. I think players like Cooney would get cleaner looks, and guys like Grant would dominate cutting to the post off of the UCLA screens and flex screens.

I don't know why they were so overlooked coming into the Tourney. They're every bit as good as the other 1-2 seeds.

Coach Ryan's Swing Offense really is a joy to watch, especially given how his coaches teach and stress fundamentals and unselfish play. The UCLA screen/flex screen action (and the counters the offense uses to negate defensive switches, hedges, and overplays) provides great movement within a structured continuity motion.

The fact that they have added more ball screens to it this year makes it even that much more effective. It adds a dribble-drive element the offense hasn't always had.

I've said before that I wish SU would implement a continuity motion like the Swing or the Flex as a secondary half-court offense. It would allow our younger players to contribute sooner, adding depth to the bench. The pattern would allow them to come in knowing where to set screens for their teammates and where their shots will come from in the flow of the offense. Furthermore, it would allow our team to get more movement and better spacing in those games where the offense is stagnant. I think players like Cooney would get cleaner looks, and guys like Grant would dominate cutting to the post off of the UCLA screens and flex screens.
Coach, I only wish I knew most of what you're talking about.
Your knowledge of he game far exceeds mine (I think so, anyway, unless you're pulling a Professor Irwin Corey).

All I know is...on both ends of he court Wisconsin gets it done.
Whatever Bo Ryan is doing...he's doing something right.
I'd like to see them against Virginia...another extremely well-disciplined team.

Love watching them play. I actually have Virginia over Wisconsin for the title in my bracket. (The rest of my bracket... eh...) The few times I got to see them play, it was just amazing. Not flashy, just fundamentally sound and beautiful to watch.

Love watching them play. I actually have Virginia over Wisconsin for the title in my bracket. (The rest of my bracket... eh...) The few times I got to see them play, it was just amazing. Not flashy, just fundamentally sound and beautiful to watch.
UVA vs Wisconsin would be a wonderful basketball game to watch. Not a single star player on either team, just a ton of fundamental basketball played at its highest level. The strategy and adjustments between Ryan and Bennett would be fun to watch.

I have them winning it all and still have all four of my final four. I need them because I got destroyed early on.

UVA vs Wisconsin would be a wonderful basketball game to watch. Not a single star player on either team, just a ton of fundamental basketball played at its highest level. The strategy and adjustments between Ryan and Bennett would be fun to watch.
It already happened, and I didn't see much of it but, 48-38 makes me think it wasn't that great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom