Poll choice...

• Poll choice...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poll choice...

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
11:00 Jared Berggren made Three Point Jumper. Assisted by Jordan Taylor.
44-48​
10:32
44-48​
Dion Waiters missed Layup.
10:30 Ben Brust Defensive Rebound.
44-48​
10:24 Ben Brust made Three Point Jumper. Assisted by Mike Bruesewitz.
47-48​
10:20
Syracuse Full Timeout.
10:01
47-51​
Scoop Jardine made Three Point Jumper.
9:26 Jordan Taylor made Three Point Jumper.
50-51​
9:11
50-53​
Baye Keita made Layup. Assisted by Scoop Jardine.
8:39 Josh Gasser made Three Point Jumper. Assisted by Ben Brust.
53-53​
8:18
53-53​
Scoop Jardine missed Layup.
8:15
53-53​
Baye Keita Offensive Rebound.
8:15
53-53​
Baye Keita missed Layup.
8:11
53-53​
C.J. Fair Offensive Rebound.
8:11
53-53​
C.J. Fair missed Tip Shot.
8:08 Josh Gasser Defensive Rebound.
53-53​
7:57 Ben Brust made Three Point Jumper. Assisted by Jared Berggren.
56-53​
7:46
Syracuse Full Timeout.
7:35
56-53​
Dion Waiters missed Dunk.
7:34
56-53​
C.J. Fair Offensive Rebound.
56-55​
C.J. Fair made Jumper.
7:34 Foul on Mike Bruesewitz
56-55​
Official TV Timeout.
56-56​
C.J. Fair made Free Throw.
7:05 Jordan Taylor made Three Point Jumper. Assisted by Ben Brust.
59-56​

We were agog. I think I drank most of a beer in that sequence.

My two little kids almost learned a new swear word last night as they were making those threes (f*$&). No other word could describe what I was feeling.

All I could think was "this is NOT how Naismith designed the game to be played".

The key was that was an 18-8 run, not an 18-0 run or something similarly devastating.

Yep. The fact that we scored SOME points during that barrage was huge and it wasn't just 1-2 points.

Yep. The fact that we scored SOME points during that barrage was huge and it wasn't just 1-2 points.

I was watching the game with maybe a dozen Orange fans at a sports bar in Salt Lake City. After the 3rd and 4th trey the reaction was "commmme onnnnnn"... After the 5th and 6th the reaction was dead silence (and a lot of head shaking).

Of course the reaction at the final buzzer was much better.

How many other people were silently saying to themselves "Just play the percentages, just play the percentages"

Not going to lie after the 6th in a row I looked up at the ceiling and asked god why

How many other people were silently saying to themselves "Just play the percentages, just play the percentages"
Exactly. After the 4th one I thought they had to stop falling. By the 6th I thought we were in an alternate universe in which Wisconsin doesn't miss for the rest of the game. Unless it's a layup - they missed several of those.

Now we know how Kansas fans felt about GMac that first half in '03.

Not going to lie after the 6th in a row I looked up at the ceiling and asked god why

It felt like that scene from Pleasantville where all the guys on the hoops team shoot at once and every single one of the f***ing balls swishes right through. I expected Anton Chigurh to come off the Wisconsin bench at some point. Or knock at my door with a captive bolt pistol in hand.

I am 44 years old (a good sign, I hope!), and I have literally never gone to the Tums bottle during a game until last night.

GO ORANGE

We shot better from the 3 point line than they did... Just not as many.

Probability of Wisconsin hitting 6 threes in a row is around 0.2%, or roughly 1 in 450.

So we probably won't see that kind of shooting streak for the next 12 to 15 years.

18 points in less than 4 minutes
I know Wisconsin didn't have much of an inside game, but watching them shoot like that you have to wonder why Bo Ryan seemingly keeps them under wraps. With that type of firepower, you would think he would avoid a slowdown type of game and try for a game in the 70's. They played a great game, but they found out that it's tough to outscore Syracuse.

Probability of Wisconsin hitting 6 threes in a row is around 0.2%, or roughly 1 in 450.

So we probably won't see that kind of shooting streak for the next 12 to 15 years.

We saw something similar last year versus Cincy, not sure how many 3's they hit in one stretch, but I remember it feeling unbelievable.

Yeah, I came up with .23%. 4 of the 6 were uncontested in my view, one was somewhat contested, and one by Taylor was highly contested, so I lowered his probability from .369 to .25.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom