With 17.5 seconds left and a five point lead | Syracusefan.com

With 17.5 seconds left and a five point lead

Halfmooncuse

Hall of Fame
How do you let a team roll the ball down the court and then allow a 3 point shot? Yoy put token pressure on ball then foul soon as then get ball pass half court. Thats what you do with a 3pt lead and and seconds left in game. So if they make 2 fts you have ball up 3 with abot 10 seconds left. If you miss both free throws do the same. Then you have a point lead with seconds left in game.

We also had a 5 point lead with 24 left and allowed them to get a layup in 4 seconds.

How do you let a team roll the ball down the court and then allow a 3 point shot? Yoy put token pressure on ball then foul soon as then get ball pass half court. Thats what you do with a 3pt lead and and seconds left in game. So if they make 2 fts you have ball up 3 with abot 10 seconds left. If you miss both free throws do the same. Then you have a point lead with seconds left in game.
You don't FOUL! Are you kidding me?

You don't FOUL! Are you kidding me?
Well then live with a three pointer we did we lost, The only way they win or tie is with three pointers. we let them and they win

The guards really can't vacate their spot in the zone. Guaranteed three-pointer.

You don't foul that's insane, too much time left.

You do pressure ball and you don't help down leaving a guy wide...WIDE FREAKING OPEN, for a 3.

If there is ever a time for man defense in a game, you're looking at it.

Well then live with a three pointer we did we lost, The only way they win or tie is with three pointers. we let them and they win
Or you play better defense...cooney should have passed archidiacano off and not got sucked all the way to the baseline. He left a guy wide open for 3. A 3 is way more damaging there than a 2

Here's where you're wrong: In your dreamworld, SU actually is able to successfully inbound the ball after the free throws. You must have some seriously orange-colored glasses.

Send 1 guard back to put token pressure on in the back court so they can't just roll the ball into the front court without the clock starting. What does JB allow that? It really cost us twice in the last 24 seconds of regulation. One time Nova scored with just 4 seconds off the clock. This is just one of those JB things that he is stubborn about. I'd love for some journalist to ask him why he allows that but I doubt anyone will.

Jay Wright should send JB a bottle of champagne for this gift win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom