With Fab we are a top 5 team in the country more | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

With Fab we are a top 5 team in the country more

Unfortunately, we have MCW who basically doesn't play in tight games apparently, X-mas who only starts each half and then usually is a n0n-factor, Keita who is just too thin and not able to impose much will on the defensive end against bigger guys who we will continue to see pound it inside (until Melo return of course - that is, IF he returns) and then Dion who can play like one of the best in the country but also (like what we have seen lately) can also play like an average bench player. How we went from the deepest team in the country to actually fairly thin is a shame. I'm hoping that we can regain that huge strength that we once did but Melo is obviously a must return, x-mas needs to get slapped around a bit in the locker room before taking court so he can play with aggression, Dion's shots will eventually start falling but I would also like him to play like the unselfish player we saw for most of the season until Melo left us, and Keita, well... he just needs Melo to help so we don't have to rely on him. He's great to have coming off the bench but not a player we want to have to rely on moving forward.

I was wondering how quickly people would forget. Fab was 50/50 at best on making catches (and probably a bit worse with some of those Dion last-resort passes).

We miss him, but we're not even two weeks removed from lamenting how horrible his hands are and how he'd double his scoring average if he could just handle passes and make easy lay-ups.

I guess it's all relative to Baye lol.

I was thinking, we look like a Garden Variety top 13-25 type team without Fab. Nothing special...sure, if we catch some breaks, we can make an elite 8.. but thats about it.

I was thinking, we look like a Garden Variety top 13-25 type team without Fab. Nothing special...sure, if we catch some breaks, we can make an elite 8.. but thats about it.

Sorry, that argument would work in another era, but the field is simply far too weak for you to say this.

Syracuse is fully capable of winning a National Title, or possibly getting to the elite 8. It all depends on specific matchups. The top 15 in this country are very close in capability, as proven by last year's champion. UCONN was 9th in the Big East, & got hot at the right time.

For you to say they have a ceiling of elite 8 is completely inaccurate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom