With HB2 keeping ACC events out of NC is a Barclay's/Brooklyn & Verizon Center/DC split most likely? | Syracusefan.com

With HB2 keeping ACC events out of NC is a Barclay's/Brooklyn & Verizon Center/DC split most likely?

Alsacs

Living Legend
Until NC gets rid of HB2 I don't see ACC tournaments returning to Greensboro or Charlotte. If that doesn't happen wouldn't Brooklyn/NYC and DC be the right locations?

Greenville/Atlanta/Orlando/Tampa may want a shot but these destination cities D.C. And NYC make the most sense. I wonder if the media will ask Swofford about it this week.

I say Brooklyn-DC-Atlanta. One in the north, one in the south, and one in the middle. That covers basically the whole Atlantic coast, and is fair to all fanbases and schools in terms of travel. Also, I couldn't think of a time of year that I'd be more up for a trip to 70+ degree Atlanta than right now. Had a good time there in 2013.

I think it has to be NYC and DC but Atlanta would be fine also when the SEC doesn't have it. I'd be okay with Kansas City also :) If the media is doing their job, I'd think they would have to ask about it with the football already having to be moved.

I say Brooklyn-DC-Atlanta. One in the north, one in the south, and one in the middle. That covers basically the whole Atlantic coast, and is fair to all fanbases and schools in terms of travel. Also, I couldn't think of a time of year that I'd be more up for a trip to 70+ degree Atlanta than right now. Had a good time there in 2013.

True, where the Hawks play or the new football palace? Like those 3 different geographical options. As an aside, it will be interesting to see if the Big East attendance is affected over at MSG. The better hoops will be played in Brooklyn by far and not sure if there are enough casual hoops fans in a pro city to fill both venues.

Until NC gets rid of HB2 I don't see ACC tournaments returning to Greensboro or Charlotte. If that doesn't happen wouldn't Brooklyn/NYC and DC be the right locations?

Greenville/Atlanta/Orlando/Tampa may want a shot but these destination cities D.C. And NYC make the most sense. I wonder if the media will ask Swofford about it this week.
Atlanta is SEC country. There wouldn't be any excitement there. I think they discovered that last time it was tried.

Isn't there a decent sized arena in Charleston?

I think it has to be NYC and DC but Atlanta would be fine also when the SEC doesn't have it. I'd be okay with Kansas City also :) If the media is doing their job, I'd think they would have to ask about it with the football already having to be moved.
The SEC is hooked on NashVegas.

Isn't there a decent sized arena in Charleston?
Charleston has a 13k arena.
That isn't big but it's not tiny. I doubt that the ACC would want that small a venue.
Greenville, SC has a 16k arena which is bigger.

I think Tampa, Orlando, Miami, Atlanta could have a shot.

Charleston has a 13k arena.
That isn't big but it's not tiny. I doubt that the ACC would want that small a venue.
Greenville, SC has a 16k arena which is bigger.

I think Tampa, Orlando, Miami, Atlanta could have a shot.

It's way outside town too, no shot. This is an interesting situation for the ACC going forward

I think DC and NYC are the fairest in terms of average travel distances as well as alumni bases in each city. They are also big-time venues. Tampa, Orlando and especially Greenville scream small potatoes to me. Atlanta would be ok, but don't see it comparing with the atmosphere of DC or NYC.

I'm selfish but Verizon was really ideal, beltbuckle of the conference.

Four hour drive from Raleigh and from Pittsburgh.
Three airports - some service by low cost carriers. You can Metro from Reagan to Arena.
An easy and fun train ride from NYC and Phila that ends 10 mins from Arena
Tons of hotels and hundreds of restaurants.
March is well out of the tourist crush
No obvious home team with Maryland gone so no home team advantage.

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

"Zippy"?
upload_2017-3-6_19-9-24.jpeg

Ha. You can get a hot dog or a cold pretzel there. No suites really from what I remember. It's the kind of place where Poison and Ratt would share a twin bill
Food snob :rolleyes:

It's Charleston! Foodie paradise. What do you want to eat at a basketball game? Beef Wellington?

Does the conference tournament come under the auspices of the politically correct NCAA?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom