With how hard Dino has been going after RB’s... | Syracusefan.com

With how hard Dino has been going after RB’s...

JrodCuse

All Conference
Up until now this offense has had subpar RB play. Im curious what type of statistical upgrade we’ll see across the board if we get a legitimate running game. It’s obviously a high priority for Dino. What do you guys think? Is a 20% ypg upgrade a reasonable expectation once the running game gets going?

I am holding on to what HCDB stated he expects: 5000 yards passing and 2000 rushing.

I would expect an increase this season, the O-line will have another year of experience and we will have replacements with some size. We will have more depth across the board, reducing the impact of injuries. We will have two full classes with experience in the Babers system.

A 20% increase is doable. If the team gets a few breaks, it may be on the low side.

I'd just like the team to rank as high in producing points as they do in producing yards. We were 42nd in yards but 90th in points in 2016. last year we were 23rd in yards but 75th in points. As Millhouse points out, defensive and special teams scores impact that but so does the lack of a rushing attack, which can sustain drives and punch it in in the red zone.

Last edited:
Cut down the FG attempt by 1/3 and you get a huge uptick in pts.. Then factor in that Dino loves to go for it on 4th down with a team that can run it reliably and thats another 1-2 drives a game that keep going. 7 more pts a game and we are a 7-9 win team last year.

Begins and ends with oline. If they improve 10-15%? I think the right rb can add 5-10% more. I mean pts per game. Not as concerned with ypg, as I want them coming from plays where Dungey is not running for his life.

Begins and ends with oline. If they improve 10-15%? I think the right rb can add 5-10% more. I mean pts per game. Not as concerned with ypg, as I want them coming from plays where Dungey is not running for his life.
If they can just run block !!! It takes pressure off Passing and DEF !!!

I'd just like the team to rank as high in producing points as they do in producing yards. We were 42nd in yards but 90th in points in 2016. last year we were 23rd in yards but 75th in points. As Millhouse points out, defensive and special teams scores impact that but so does the lack of a rushing attack, which can sustain drives and punch it in in the red zone.

Excellent point! We need to convert more of those chances into touchdowns, and not settle for so many field goals.

I think that out O-Line is really improving. I expect the ability to run successfully will really help the passing attack. Very bullish on our chances in 18! Need new linebackers to step up big.

Excellent point! We need to convert more of those chances into touchdowns, and not settle for so many field goals.

I think having a reliable RB who can get you 3-4 yards consistently can really put opposing defenses on their heels. Here’s to hoping we land that because so far it seems to be the missing ingredient in the cake babers is cooking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom