With respect to the Randy Edfsal article below | Syracusefan.com

With respect to the Randy Edfsal article below

CaliCuse

All American
I know for a fact that Randy burned his bridges when he didn't get the job given to Paul. Its probably a very good thing he wasn't in Texas and allowed to carry fire arms. He was totally out of control to his directing his feelings to virtually everyone in his sight-line on the way out including Jake C or perhaps more accurately, "Especially" Jake.Randy wanted to open up the offense and use the Dome's advantage. Something no truly Syracuse football administrator could possibly support. The old Ben DNA is a part of our offensive makeup and cannot be changed. I'll believe Doug's changes when I see them for more than one series on the field.Especially if that series is a three and out kind.:crazy:

I know for a fact that Randy burned his bridges when he didn't get the job given to Paul. Its probably a very good thing he wasn't in Texas and allowed to carry fire arms. He was totally out of control to his directing his feelings to virtually everyone in his sight-line on the way out including Jake C or perhaps more accurately, "Especially" Jake.Randy wanted to open up the offense and use the Dome's advantage. Something no truly Syracuse football administrator could possibly support. The old Ben DNA is a part of our offensive makeup and cannot be changed. I'll believe Doug's changes when I see them for more than one series on the field.Especially if that series is a three and out kind.:crazy:
Yep. Hard to believe we didn't open it up when Donnie Mac was the QB. Three yards and a cloud of dust. Run, run, pass punt...

can you imagine, in the winter of 1991, Syracuse giving the Head Coach job to a 32 year old??????

christ, the Orange just sucked for about 20 years, and then had regained form under Mac...so to give it to a kid??? are you freakin kidding me???

it took edsall how many years after that to even get a d1 job, and he got it at freakin storz st who was graduating to d1.

he wouldve been the wrong choice and P was clearly, the right choice.

end of story.

Oh Lord

No. You can say that Paul was a great choice, but you can't say Randy would not have been an equally good or better choice. I can tell you that having met both at about that time, Randy was more engaging, but Paul was not as withdrawn as he became later on.

No. You can say that Paul was a great choice, but you can't say Randy would not have been an equally good or better choice. I can tell you that having met both at about that time, Randy was more engaging, but Paul was not as withdrawn as he became later on.
no team, after sucking for 20 years...would give a job to a 32 year old in 1991....thats no team.

recruiting wouldve gone right out the window.

harvard grads dont become CEOs and the President upon graduation, you got to put the time in.

edsall hadnt.

in 2012, you can get by with a 32 year old HC hire, not in 1991.

i cant believe i have to keep posting this.

Randy wanted to open up the offense and use the Dome's advantage.

Randy has always been one of the more conservative coaches out there.

no team, after sucking for 20 years...would give a job to a 32 year old in 1991....thats no team.

harvard grads dont become CEOs and the President upon graduation, you got to put the time in.

edsall hadnt.

Pat Fitzgerald - Northwestern

But generally you're right.

edsall hadnt.

If the story I heard is correct, Edsall was not even given an interview. That may have been what set him off. Doesn't change the fact that he was not the man for the job at that time. Jake probably didn't want to waste everybody's time.

Pat Fitzgerald - Northwestern

But generally you're right.
fitzgerald was 15 years later and that was extenuating circumstances too.

fitzgerald was 15 years later and that was extenuating circumstances too.

15 years later from what? Northwestern had a couple years success with Gary Bennett and Randy Walker, but before that they sucked, and for more than 20 years. Fitzgerald was an NU alum and 31 at the time of his hire.

15 years later from what?
From 1991. The point was that at that time no major program was going to hire a young kid to be their head coach.

From 1991. The point was that at that time no major program was going to hire a young kid to be their head coach.
Plus, the unexpected, untimely death of the incumbent coach opened the position for the young assistant.

Co
Randy has always been one of the more conservative coaches out there.
nservative Now! not so much then apparently. Thats the truth and I'm sticking with it. Jake wanted cotinuity after Mac left and went with Paul. Randy was a bit upset if you want to call blistering rage "upset".:cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom