WLAX: Women's Division I Bracketology: Selection Sunday Edition (LaxMag) | Syracusefan.com

WLAX: Women's Division I Bracketology: Selection Sunday Edition (LaxMag)

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
720JPEG_Morning_050315_BracketWDI.jpg

The Lowdown: The biggest question will be who is No. 1? Maryland finally suffered its first unsuspecting loss to No. 4 seed Ohio State in the Big Ten semifinal. Penn State also topped Northwestern in the Big Ten tournament, meaning the two teams that have won nine of the last 10 NCAA championships will not be competiting for the automatic bid. Both teams will earn at-large bids. Beating the Wildcats twice this season, the Nittany Lions will likely be handed a top six seed. Syracuse fell to No. 16 Loyola on Saturday, dropping the Orange's chances to be No. 1 despite barrelling through the ACC tournament with wins over Boston College, Duke and North Carolina. Because Maryland has the better RPI and head-to-head wins over both Syracuse and North Carolina, the Terps still have a high probability of being No. 1.

http://laxmagazine.com/college_wome...315_wd1_bracketology_selection_sunday_edition

I don't think the ladies had much chance of a #1 seed, even if they had won vs. Loyola. Staying at #3 is the best they could have hoped for, given the loss on Saturday.

But a possible match with Bryant!!! :eek: ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom