WLNY (Channel 55) in NYC area is hopeless | Syracusefan.com

WLNY (Channel 55) in NYC area is hopeless

cto

Administrator
They were scheduled to broadcast our game at 3, and have not indicated they will reschedule and broadcast it at 7. There are more SU alums in Metro NYC .. than in any other place in the world.

I called the phone number I found on line (631-777-8855) to urge them to broadcast it at 7.

I got a recorded announcement that suggested their office was closed for the weekend. I left a message and a call-back number. What are the odds that anyone will hear my message before Monday?

Last edited:
I just twatted , sorry tweeted them and asked if they plan to show it at 7:00. I'll let you know if they respond.

FYI - their twitter handle is @WLNYTV.

I took the same approach with WWTI 50 in Watertown. I called them and got voice mail for every option I tried. Offices must be closed I guess. My TV menu has not been updated. Hope I don't have to go the streaming route.

From Facebook:

Tim Mayberry
Syracuse basketball got moved to 7. Are you still showing? Was supposed to be 3.

"}" data-reactid=".z">Like · · 2 minutes ago

• WLNY
    Yes! We will be airing the game at 7pm

Nice work. I'm not on Facebook, but I tweeted them about two hours ago when the news first broke but never heard back from anyone. So for my NYC/NJ peeps---see you all at East End Bar & Grill ! What a sensational double-header too (Florida/Kentucky at 9pm). Could be another epic night!

Why did they respond to you, not me? I'm hurt and confused. They think they can just ignore me!?
That's not me if that makes you feel any better. I just saw it on their page.

They were scheduled to broadcast our game at 3, and have not indicated they will reschedule and broadcast it at 7. There are more SU alums in Metro NYC .. than in any other place in the world.

I called the phone number I found on line (631-777-8855) to urge them to broadcast it at 7.

I got a recorded announcement that suggested their office was closed for the weekend. I left a message and a call-back number. What are the odds that anyone will hear my message before Monday?

Always use Facebook or Twitter first. You'll more than likely get a quicker response than using another method.

Always use Facebook or Twitter first. You'll more than likely get a quicker response than using another method.
Thanks. I just learned something!

Thanks. I just learned something!

It's sad, but true. I still like a personal call, but it seems that social media channels get you a faster response!

I also prefer barber shops for haircuts and getting my coffee from Zingone Brothers on the UWS instead of Starbucks, but I'm coming around on some things :)

Joyce, I had no problem getting to TW on the phone. Actually just called back about five minutes ago to confirm the game on 55/755HD at 7PM. Took each agent a few minutes to research the question, but both came back with the same answer from the higher ups. In all fairness, I have been told that I project an unusually cordial phone persona, even before the phone is picked up on the receiving end.

I took the same approach with WWTI 50 in Watertown. I called them and got voice mail for every option I tried. Offices must be closed I guess. My TV menu has not been updated. Hope I don't have to go the streaming route.
WWTI is on the updated ACC list of outlets showing the game.

WWTI is on the updated ACC list of outlets showing the game.
Ya, they recently had a marquee go across the bottom of the screen saying they will broadcast it at 7 :)