woman punches opponet during game! | Syracusefan.com

woman punches opponet during game!

Definitely not cool... but I must say that was a hell of a punch. I give that a 9.0 because of the difficulty of nailing the other player on the run and knocking her out. This is terrible... although I did watch it about 10 times I must admit. I feel bad, but not as bad as what FSU must feel right now. :)

Kermit Washington's daughter?

If Shanel Harrison (the puncher) was a stock, I'd short her.

Last edited:
wow... if you watch the whole play - it was in response to a foul... that she pretty clearly flopped on from the beginning.

That is just awful.

What did I just see? I see the "puncher" try to draw a foul on the "punchee" with an Oscar worthy head-on bump and flop at the offensive end. She flopped like a professional soccer player (does that happen in all sports in Europe?). Then while she's on the ground acting, big white girl hip checks the gal who just drove the lane and missed the layup, causing said player to fall awkwardly and hit her face on another defenders leg/knee. Big white girl trails the play and gets socked in the face. Did she say something to the Miss Mike Tyson? Was Miss Tyson angry that her performance at the other end went unnoticed? Or was she mad about the hip check on her teammate?

That game seemed to be WAYYYY too chippy to begin with. Still, no excuse to sucker punch a player.

Nice to see her teammates step in to support her. Geesh

That was as well executed as it gets right there.

There are women's professional leagues in Europe...Who knew?

It looks like the game is being played in front of a crowd of 15 plus the camera man. I'm betting the fisticuffs draws a bigger crowd for the next game. Someone check and see if Vince McMahon has anything to do with this league.

Those Honkas are known as animals with the Tapiolans being the worst. :rolleyes: Makes me wonder what their mascot is.

Seriously though, that is assault. She could have killed that girl. The video doesn't show how the girl who delivered the punch got knocked down (she's just lying on the ground above the foul line at the beginning of the video) but regardless there's no excuse for what she did.

Those Honkas are known as animals with the Tapiolans being the worst. :rolleyes: Makes me wonder what their mascot is.

Seriously though, that is assault. She could have killed that girl. The video doesn't show how the girl who delivered the punch got knocked down (she's just lying on the ground above the foul line at the beginning of the video) but regardless there's no excuse for what she did.
It does show it. The punchee was just standing there and the puncher ran directly into her as if there was no one there. It was really odd.

I believe one girl told the other there was no way her team would be a #1 seed.

It does show it. The punchee was just standing there and the puncher ran directly into her as if there was no one there. It was really odd.

You're right - the punchee just flopped like a fish. Cowardly wuss isn't she? Glad they kicked her out - she should be banned from league hopping.

That whole play seemed really weird to me, from the chest-bump flop to the flop after the layup to the sucker punch. I have to believe there is some back-story involved here.