Won’t win another road game | Syracusefan.com

Won’t win another road game

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
not really going out on a limb here. Gotta run the table at home or we won’t even be sniffing the bubble.

not really going out on a limb here. Gotta run the table at home or we won’t even be sniffing the bubble.

We'll probably beat BC on the road. They're not good. We're not good either, but BC is both not good and doesn't matchup well against us. They could get hot from deep I guess. They have zero defense, though.

Even if we somehow won enough remaining games to get in the tournament, the likelihood of any advancement is extremely unlikely. Obviously it would be great to get back into it, but you also want a shot at winning.

Too many negatives this season. Need to see improvement from young players.

No we won't bc is better than wake and gt

I don't think they are against us, though. They don't have size and their guards aren't good defenders. Just a bad matchup for them.

We are a top 10 defense per kenpom... And the eye test.
Defense travels and we will be in games. We just need to get the ball to bounce our way more than it did tonight... and are much better equipped to win on the road than last year i suspect we get one or two.

Our success or failure going forward is entirely dependent on the quality of the guards we face, when they're on defense at least.

We still have a borderline elite defense. We don't have much of an offense but have shown success against teams without strong defensive guards. IDK what the guards are like the rest of the way, but we can beat any team that doesn't have quick guards capable of pressuring the ball at halfcourt with a good shotblocker waiting at the rim. Duke, for example, doesn't have a player capable of even average defense on the entire roster. It wouldn't be mind blowing if we give them a run for their money.

I believe we have 2 road wins and 1 neutral court win. Sure GTown, UConn and Pitt are trash. But last year we only had 2 road wins (NC State, Clemson) all year and 0 neutral court wins.

If we win @BC that's twice as many victories away from the Dome as last year. And yeah State/Clemson were better than the teams we'll beat this year on the road, but they weren't tournament teams either. 4 wins away from home will probably be better than some teams that get into the tournament.

Even if we somehow won enough remaining games to get in the tournament, the likelihood of any advancement is extremely unlikely. Obviously it would be great to get back into it, but you also want a shot at winning.

Too many negatives this season. Need to see improvement from young players.

That's why the last two Final Fours were not that big of a deal to me. In 2010 and 2012, those teams had legitimate chances to make a deep run and even win it before we lost our starting center both times.

The last 2 times, we made it on the strength of the zone, and a guy having a good shooting night at the right time, but I never felt like we had a real chance of lifting the trophy and winning the championship. Those last 2 teams were too flawed.

Both the '96 and '87 teams felt like they could win, once they made the Final Four. Wallace was the best single player in the country at that moment, and our '87 team had the right mix of youthful athleticism and experienced blue collar players. I never felt that these last 2 times.

We are a top 10 defense per kenpom... And the eye test.
Defense travels and we will be in games. We just need to get the ball to bounce our way more than it did tonight... and are much better equipped to win on the road than last year i suspect we get one or two.

Speaking of the "eye test", here's another take:

I knew we were playing Ga Tech on the road, and really needed the win, but I just couldn't get myself to watch until about 9:20 PM, preferring to that point the Man United v. Tottenham game on the DVR.

So I change the channel and see the score is 32-26, Tech ahead, with 11 minutes and change left in the game. OMG, that's a Pitt score. I thought to myself, "Well, at least I didn't sit through an hour and a half of that, only to arrive at this point ..."

So I flipped back and forth the rest of the way, and saw the see-saw from 4 points to 7 and then 4 and then 7. We are really tough on the eyes this year, and have been for a number of years now, elite defense notwithstanding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom