Wonder where Clemson will rank this week? | Syracusefan.com

Wonder where Clemson will rank this week?

Only thing I can see is Alabama jumping them, since they beat a ranked team on the road pretty convincingly.

NC should jump up big time. They run the option pretty well - they might smoke Clemson.

A Clemson / UNC ACC title game would be fascinating. On one hand you'd think Swofford would give UNC the Syracuse ref treatment, but this is UNC, the don of the Carolina mafia that writes his checks. He may stay out of it and let the players decide.

How is UNC ranked so low? They should jump up to around 10 if we're being objective about this.

Bama jumping Clemson would be such a knee jerk reaction. Clemson is undefeated with wins over FSU and ND.

longislandcuse said:
How is UNC ranked so low? They should jump up to around 10 if we're being objective about this. Bama jumping Clemson would be such a knee jerk reaction. Clemson is undefeated with wins over FSU and ND.

Two FCS games + loss to only P5 OOC.

But if people keep losing and they keep winning - who knows.

NC should jump up big time. They run the option pretty well - they might smoke Clemson.
They've also played a weak schedule this year. They may be a great team, it's just hard to tell by the schedule.

They beat Illinois. They played 2 FBS because a P5 team cancelled on them. They played 2 P5 teams. I hate how 2 FCS are used against them when if they played Kansas who sucks people wouldn't say 2 FCS.

UNC is a legit top 15 team. Their loss was a choke their QB threw 3 INTs in the red zone and gave South Carolina that game.

Actually, UNC beat Illinois, W48-14, and lost the South Carolina, L13-17, in its Power 5 non-conference slate.

Alsacs said:
They beat Illinois. They played 2 FBS because a P5 team cancelled on them. They played 2 P5 teams. I hate how 2 FCS are used against them when if they played Kansas who sucks people wouldn't say 2 FCS. UNC is a legit top 15 team. Their loss was a choke their QB threw 3 INTs in the red zone and gave South Carolina that game.

I agree completely. Just stating why they are ranked where they are by the committee. They've been laying waste to just about everyone.

SU94 said:
Actually, UNC beat Illinois, W48-14, and lost the South Carolina, L13-17, in its Power 5 non-conference slate.

Yeah, that's what I said. Their only p5 loss was to South Carolina.

Edit: I can see how my wording threw you off. But yeah I was aware they played Illinois.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom