Worst case scenerio | Syracusefan.com

Worst case scenerio

normaliswear

Starter
Ok VERY unlikely, not arguing the probabilities so save the "wont happen" response. In the unlikely event that the Big 12 grabbed say 4 teams from the ACC, say Clem, Miami, FSU, and GTech and the SEC stepped in to grab 2 more, say VTech and NC STate, would we be just SOL? I have to think at that point the B1G expands to 16 but schools you hear mentioned are Maryland, ND, UNC, UVA, Pitt. Say they take the 1st four there and LVille and BYU take Big 12 to 16. That would seem to leave us with the straglers from the ACC and BE. SU, Cincy, UConn, Pitt, Duke, WF, BC, USF, UCF, Houston, SMU, Rutgers, Boise, SDSU, Memphis, Temple... yuck. I suppose pretty good BBall league, but meaningless in football.

I wouldn't worry about it...conferences love SU for its TV Brand, good athletics and academics and we would be picked. Worst Case scenario is we are in some sort of glorified Big East FB league again.

Well, if that were to happen it would just accelerate the northeastern United States' growing disillusion with college football and increase the NE's interest in lacrosse and hoops. This would be viewed as a negative by those of us who frequent this forum but quite a few people, perhaps the majority, really could care less.

If Miami weren't in shambles I would be a little worried that the worst case could happen. I think FSU would be gone if Miami went too. But I think the B12 has no interest in Miami. Being a private school that lacks facilities it will be hard for Miami to get even close to where they once were. Not to mention a lot of cheating and looking the other way made Miami the U. Those days are over. The B12 realizes that and wants no part of a Miami that's main focus is on academics. Because of that I think FSU stays in the ACC.

Otherwise I think FSU, Miami, Clemson, Louisville would indeed happen. Which would start a chain reaction like the one you describe. Thank god for Miami.