Worst cast of WRs in P5? | Syracusefan.com

Worst cast of WRs in P5?

Cuse12

All Conference
Shrader apparently can’t hit the broad side of a mansion, but holy crap our WRs are horrible at doing what good WRs do… get open, catch the ball and make plays. Holy cow that unit is like maybe mediocre in the MAC? Maybe worse? Just an awfully bad functioning unit in my opinion.

shotgun garrett shrader and the infamous hole in the donut gang.

Jackson feel off a cliff.. of course the few times he was open the ball was 5 yds off line anyway.. Cooper is ok and should have had about a 50 yd throw that was 15 yds too short. Alford is growing up but he lacks a realt twitch to be dynamic but can be the #2 type if we had a #1.

Damien Alford is the only one that I am confident is a legit Power 5 receiver.
Yes. But he’s clearly suited to a #3 role and not top WR.

The other guys might not see the field for Umass or uconn. This thread title could say FBS and it would be true.

Was at the game yesterday.

I want to know who our equipment manager is and why he picked the wrong cleats for a real grass field?

Our guys seemed to be slipping all over the field. NC State was not having this issue.

Also, many times it appeared either Shrader threw the wrong route or our WRs ran the wrong route/or they give up on the route.

Absolutely need to get them on the same page. This was an issue for TD as well, with WRs running or giving up on the route.

Shrader apparently can’t hit the broad side of a mansion, but holy crap our WRs are horrible at doing what good WRs do… get open, catch the ball and make plays. Holy cow that unit is like maybe mediocre in the MAC? Maybe worse? Just an awfully bad functioning unit in my opinion.
No; we have not had a QB that could make them look good. On the other hand, our WR corp is lacking.

No; we have not had a QB that could make them look good. On the other hand, our WR corp is lacking.
Sorry, this was supposed to be a response to the OP.

Was at the game yesterday.

I want to know who our equipment manager is and why he picked the wrong cleats for a real grass field?

Our guys seemed to be slipping all over the field. NC State was not having this issue.

Also, many times it appeared either Shrader threw the wrong route or our WRs ran the wrong route/or they give up on the route.

Absolutely need to get them on the same page. This was an issue for TD as well, with WRs running or giving up on the route.
The State kicker fell down on a kickoff - I was there too. It was mostly our wide receivers slipping everywhere but State players also slipped.

I praised Alford for blocking like a champ against VTech but he looked awful blocking on Saturday. Couldn’t hold a block for more than a second and no push downfield.

I don't know how anyone can watch that game and think that our WR's were the big problem in our passing game. They didn't block at all (except Queeley), but they were open on many plays. Out of QB, OL, and WR, the WR's the least of our problems in the passing game. We got some good young talent that with an OL than can pass block and a QB that can throw more than 15 yards could cause some damage.

I don't know how anyone can watch that game and think that our WR's were the big problem in our passing game. They didn't block at all (except Queeley), but they were open on many plays. Out of QB, OL, and WR, the WR's the least of our problems in the passing game. We got some good young talent that with an OL than can pass block and a QB that can throw more than 15 yards could cause some damage.
They are not open. Most don’t even have their heads around for the pass.

We have struggled to get quality WRs here all the way back to Coach P. During that same stretch we have had some quality TEs. Pre Gilbert we at least used the TE. But going forward shouldn't we be looking to use 2 TE sets vs 3 WR sets?

Yes. But he’s clearly suited to a #3 role and not top WR.

The other guys might not see the field for Umass or uconn. This thread title could say FBS and it would be true.
Lol what a stupid comment as you obviously don’t watch UConn football…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom