worst gambling loss of all time? | Syracusefan.com

worst gambling loss of all time?

FYI: the "team technical" was because the crowd stormed the court with 0.1 seconds left after the made 3.

COME ON CLOCK OPERATOR!!

Weird calls in that game. Technical for the coach being out of the coaches box (even though they warned him twice before T'ing him up) then the T for going onto the court with .01 left. I thought the same thing that the clock operator just needs to let the time run out.

How quick we forget the Packers Seahawks game. I know I certainly won't, that was an ouchy.

How quick we forget the Packers Seahawks game. I know I certainly won't, that was an ouchy.
This one was worse. 4 point buffer overcome in 6 secs because of the fans storming the court with .1 left. The Pack/'Hawks game was a blown call on a 35 yard pass. The fans are to blame for this one.

I guess it all depends on how much money you lost.

I personally lost on the packers seahawks game... that doesnt sting nearly as much as this guys 6 game parlay losing on a 5 point play with 0.1 seconds left.

This was the year storz played in the Fiesta bowl. I did a parlay on all the New Year's Day games. I think for 20 bucks I would've won 600. I got them all right except for one of the early games which I think involved Northwestern blowing a significant lead to allow a backdoor cover. It was a real kick in the nuts watching all the other scores come in throughout the day that I got right.

Colt McCoy cost me a grand when he went out in the NC game. Gilbert was almost my hero tho.

I think it was an Iowa State bowl game that same year, the other team went for 2 at the end for no damn reason, cost me $700

Some variation of the Packers-Hawks game happens on an almost weekly basis in the NFL. ESPN just happens to focus their "fake outrage, integrity of the game" rants when it happens to include a parlay of Monday Night + replacement refs + last play of the game. Less of a screwjob than the Pittsburgh SB when Seattle was screwed WWF style for the whole 60 minutes (and I didn't have $ on either game).

Some variation of the Packers-Hawks game happens on an almost weekly basis in the NFL. ESPN just happens to focus their "fake outrage, integrity of the game" rants when it happens to include a parlay of Monday Night + replacement refs + last play of the game. Less of a screwjob than the Pittsburgh SB when Seattle was screwed WWF style for the whole 60 minutes (and I didn't have $ on either game).

you MUST be a seattle fan based on that post.

downplaying the ultimate screwjob, immediately focusing on a diff game the same team questionably got screwed and then ending it with the proverbial 'i have a black friend'

In Super Bowl III, I had the Baltimore Colts (-17) EVEN against the Jets for $100. In 1969, $100 was actually real money.

I was so convinced I'd win --- I had a 17 point cushion --- I went out and spent another $100 in anticipation of almost certainly winning the bet.

you MUST be a seattle fan based on that post.

downplaying the ultimate screwjob, immediately focusing on a diff game the same team questionably got screwed and then ending it with the proverbial 'i have a black friend'

Umm no. Actually Buffalo. Probably no team I'm more indifferent on than Seattle (don't care for the Steelers admittedly though I do kinda like the Packers). Only mentioned "the black friend" because people were half-joking about it in the thread.
You have strange definitions of "ultimate" and "questionably" influenced by both recency bias and espn imo.

Umm no. Actually Buffalo. Probably no team I'm more indifferent on than Seattle (don't care for the Steelers admittedly though I do kinda like the Packers). Only mentioned "the black friend" because people were half-joking about it in the thread.
You have strange definitions of "ultimate" and "questionably" influenced by both recency bias and espn imo.

I was 100% joking about 'the black friend' comment. Just thought it was funny.

I lost money on the packers game (as referenced above) trust me - that was top 3 worst beats I've ever taken.

I think my examples of 'ultimate' and 'questionable' refer to a clear cut call at the buzzer and a few calls throughout the game of an 11 point win. The game would have been totally different with those calls. The game was 99% win 1% (arbitrary numbers, but pretty clear in a lot of peoples opinion) lose in the case of packers/hawks and it was going 1 way or the other, with no variance possible after the play.