Would 2014/2015 Syracuse Basketball be the Schools... | Syracusefan.com

Would 2014/2015 Syracuse Basketball be the Schools...

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Best team ever if Grant and Ennis stayed?

Ennis/Joseph/Patterson
Cooney/Patterson/Gbinije
Gbinije/Roberson/Johnson
McCullough/Grant/Xmas
Xmas/Coleman/Obokoh

That's gahdamn nutty.

Ennis/Joseph/Patterson
Cooney/Patterson/Gbinije
Gbinije/Roberson/Johnson
McCullough/Grant/Xmas
Xmas/Coleman/Obokoh

That's gahdamn nutty.

We would be very formidable on paper...but how many proven shooters would we have?

We would be very formidable on paper...but how many proven shooters would we have?

We don't have one proven, consistent shooter. Which would be our issue.

I'd hope that Cooney continues to improve into a legitimate 40-42% three point threat.

Hopefully Ennis would take the initiative a little more often, he's capable of being a clear threat from three.

Gbinije, Johnson and Buss each have the ability to take our team to the next level though if they work hard and develop an aggressive perimeter approach.

Ennis/Joseph/Patterson
Cooney/Patterson/Gbinije
Gbinije/Roberson/Johnson
McCullough/Grant/Xmas
Xmas/Coleman/Obokoh

That's gahdamn nutty.
Swap Grant with Gbinjie; but yes. Joseph/Buss/Gbinjie/Roberson/Coleman itself would be a solid 5, let alone as all backups.

My theory is that..

Ennis, Cooney, Gbinije, McCullough and Xmas all start.

The only players of those 5 to get actual starter minutes are Ennis, Cooney and X mas.

Grant would get Waiters like 6th man minutes between the 3 and 4.

McCullough will be given the opportunity to start and prove his worth as a big time recruit.

Gbinije and Roberson would fight for minutes at the 3.

The center position is pretty much handled, we have freakish length and athleticism down low next year.

Cooney starts out player 30-35 minutes a game but if he stays as inconsistent as he has been then Johnson and Buss should get a little more playing time. Nothing more than like 10 minutes of course.

Not even.

in the middle of the.

BIG TOURNEY.

After a win.

Can we.

Escape.

This shlit.

:bang::bang::bang::bang:

(n)(n)(n)

Oh Lord

Oh stop. It's fine to speculate.

Obviously I'm excited about March and focusing on it. But in light of some Boeheim comments, today I gave a little thought to the future.

Great teams always keep the future in mind. :D

Grant is going to want to start, I can't see him being happy having a frosh start over him.

I suppose the world can't be perfect. He could start at the 3 then, and move up when JB inevitably give the frosh da hook.

I suppose the world can't be perfect. He could start at the 3 then, and move up when JB inevitably give the frosh da hook.

I would think Roberson will start at the 3.

How many would Boeheim actually play? I'll set the over under at 8. Doesn't seem possible, but I'm confident Boeheim would get creative and find a way to keep it at 8.

I would think Roberson will start at the 3.

I would too but I just get the feeling JB would go with the more experienced until Roberson earns more time. I believe beast will earn the 3, but at the moment G's probably the more reliable. Probably.

If Grant comes back, there's talk of him being the overall #1 pick in the 2015 draft. Yet he goes from starter to bench player?

Umm..no.

Let's see, Grant starts a majority of this year, declines going to the NBA to be the 6th man behind a freshman and a second year player who in the coaches eye doesn't know the system and can't crack even 8 minutes a game this season.

Are you high?

Let's see, Grant starts a majority of this year, declines going to the NBA to be the 6th man behind a freshman and a second year player who in the coaches eye doesn't know the system and can't crack even 8 minutes a game this season.

Are you high?

Calm your tots, I realize that.

Grant could start at the 3. Either way, McCullough is starting somewhere. Unless McCullough is an absolute stud right off the batt he'll probably get a little more than token starter minutes then Grant would move to the 4 and Gbinije or Roberson to the 3.

Alls I'm saying is there's a lot of options and possibly exciting scenarios for next years lineup. We have a lot of talent.

We just need shooters.

Ennis/Joseph/Patterson
Cooney/Patterson/Gbinije
Gbinije/Roberson/Johnson
McCullough/Grant/Xmas
Xmas/Coleman/Obokoh

That's gahdamn nutty.

It would be, but when they both leave we could be looking at a tough season.

Not even close. Any of the 87-91 teams blow that out of the water in terms of talent on paper.

And there's no way that a Junior who started as a sophomore and would be a near lock for 15 pts. and 8 rebounds at a minimum next year, is coming off the bench.

Many had Roberson starting before this season. Let's take it easy on McCullough. He may start, but there's absolutely ZERO chance that he starts and Grant doesn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom