Would Clemson have made the playoffs if we beat them? | Syracusefan.com

Would Clemson have made the playoffs if we beat them?

skurey

Living Legend
They wouldn't have made the ACC Championship so that would be a knock. But Georgia was ranked 5 with 2 losses, Clemson would have only 1.

In that scenario I can see the committee taking the easy way out and going with OSU since they won their conference.

Crazy how much one play can change the course of history.

I think they might have put Clemson in with the one loss factoring in Lawrence got hurt.

They wouldn't have made the ACC Championship so that would be a knock. But Georgia was ranked 5 with 2 losses, Clemson would have only 1.

In that scenario I can see the committee taking the easy way out and going with OSU since they won their conference.

Crazy how much one play can change the course of history.

Nope, a team that didn't win their conference and only had one win against a team in the final regular season CFP rankings wouldn't have the resume to get in over Ohio State. Pretty crazy to think about.

Little to no chance they get in over Ohio St. ACC was down this year. Us getting blown out by ND would have hurt them. They weren't defending champs. They did the ACC a big solid beating Bama that badly because the kowstal is going to be horrendous this year.

I'd like to say yes due to Irving losing to Purdue by 100 but probably wouldn't no.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom