Would ESPN really sit back and watch its property get decimated? | Syracusefan.com

Would ESPN really sit back and watch its property get decimated?

orangeinjersey

All Conference
The ACC and ESPN are in bed until 2027!! Why would ESPN let their property get decimated only to have a shot at winning a bigger conf? Sure they *could* bid on and win the B10 tv deal when it comes up but their is no guarantee. Fox already owns the PAC and B12 right? I'm not really sure I see ESPN letting their prized possession get pieced apart. I just dont see it happening. Matter of fact, I can see ESPN getting PRO-ACTIVE

Start up those Texas to ACC rumors again, maybe you whisper to ND, i got Texas, are you in? You get Texas and ND, watch the money stack up.

<Jessie Pinkman voice> We're gonna make mad fat stacks, yo! </end jessie pinkman voice>

The more you think about things logically the more this MD to the B1G seems like it won't happen. The B1G has plans on putting most of their content on the BTN. The are really only looking for a Tier 1 venue at this point. They would be happy to put 2nd and 3rd on the BTN. Which makes ESPN a competitor and not a partner. It is not the same as the B12 or P12 who ESPN share with FOX. Who ever gets the B1G 1st Tier (which IMO will end up being FOX) will be all that matters. So like you said ESPN needs the ACC to survive or it risks losing a lot of content. So either ESPN is fiddling while Rome burns or they do everything in their power to keep the ACC together.

The more you think about things logically the more this MD to the B1G seems like it won't happen. The B1G has plans on putting most of their content on the BTN. The are really only looking for a Tier 1 venue at this point. They would be happy to put 2nd and 3rd on the BTN. Which makes ESPN a competitor and not a partner. It is not the same as the B12 or P12 who ESPN share with FOX. Who ever gets the B1G 1st Tier (which IMO will end up being FOX) will be all that matters. So like you said ESPN needs the ACC to survive or it risks losing a lot of content. So either ESPN is fiddling while Rome burns or they do everything in their power to keep the ACC together.

ESPN needs better football products. Fox has become a major player almost over night. If ESPN does get involved, you'd think it has to be with their involvement in the LHN. Has the double impact of hitting Fox.

Fox has become a major player overnight. They'll probably get the B1G's top tier games. I've found myself watching Fox's primetime saturday more often than ESPN/ABC. Maybe, with ESPN's help, the ACC could go after Texas and Texas Tech. Then wait on ND.

This sucks.

Another thing that doesn't make sense. Every expansion thus far has been about brands. Now all of a sudden it is cable cable HHs? And if the MD and RU cable HHs are worth that much, why wouldn't ESPN and the ACC create and ACCN?

Wouldn't SU (influence in #1 TV DMA), ND (#1, #3, #7), BC (#7), UVA/VT (#8,#44), GA Tech (#9), Miami (#16), Pitt (#23), UNC/NC St/Wake/Duke (#24, #25, #46), Clemson (#37) be able to make just as much money as Illinois/NW (#3), PSU (#4, #23, #43), Mich/Mich St (#11, #39), Minny (#15), Ohio (#18, #32, #35), Indiana/Purdue (#26), Wiscy (#34)?

So wouldn't MD and RU in the ACC make just as much $ for a conf network?

Another thing that doesn't make sense. Every expansion thus far has been about brands. Now all of a sudden it is cable cable HHs? And if the MD and RU cable HHs are worth that much, why wouldn't ESPN and the ACC create and ACCN?

Wouldn't SU (influence in #1 TV DMA), ND (#1, #3, #7), BC (#7), UVA/VT (#8,#44), GA Tech (#9), Miami (#16), Pitt (#23), UNC/NC St/Wake/Duke (#24, #25, #46), Clemson (#37) be able to make just as much money as Illinois/NW (#3), PSU (#4, #23, #43), Mich/Mich St (#11, #39), Minny (#15), Ohio (#18, #32, #35), Indiana/Purdue (#26), Wiscy (#34)?

So wouldn't MD and RU in the ACC make just as much $ for a conf network?

I just read Thamel's SI article he just posted (I'd link it but too lazy on iPad). It's all about this topic. After I read it, all I could think is where is the ACC Network already? The math of it seems so bizarre, yet favorable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD