Would our win tonight eclipse beating Virginia last Final Four run | Syracusefan.com

Would our win tonight eclipse beating Virginia last Final Four run

GooseMutt

All Conference
Given that we have played an extra game and we already beat Mich St and then possibly Duke?

I think it absolutely does.

No, Final Four trumps tonight by definition plus UVA was a 1 seed AND had owned us far more than Duke ever has.
Yes you are right and I guess what I really mean is this run a more difficult path to get here vs getting to that final four. But we did beat Gonzaga too. But we have beaten 3 very good teams and now possibly a fourth

i'd say better just cuz they're DUKE. uva was better this year but devils have more history.

I'd say better - but mostly because in the moment every game seems the BIGGEST game ever. If it was February 18th against some random ACC team, my initial though would be , "hell yeah, a win tonight would eclipse the UVA FF game!"

Trying to be rational, I still think it's gotta be close. I mean, 3 wins last week, from this team, taking down Michigan State and Duke? It would be MORE astounding to me...and E8 ain't bad, so I say it's likely a tie at worst.

No, but getting to the Final Four by getting past Izzo, K and Self sure would.

given our lack of depth MSU was impressive due to the short turn around.
we've had a few days to dispel muscle fatigue issues and play on an even level.
survive and advance somebody once said.

At this point, beating Marquette to get to the final four is still a bigger win.

If these guys keep pulling off wins, this run will be one of the craziest things I've ever seen in college basketball.

But tonight we're still just at a sweet 16 game. Huge, but three huger games still await.

I’m not saying the last run wasn’t legitimate but I think this run has been more difficult. That Virginia win was huge but the MSU win was too. Win tonight and I’ll say this year.

I think this would be more unfathomable, and thus, bigger.
the-princess-bride-inconceivable.jpg

Bigger for us because it's more improbable. FF bigger in the eyes of everyone else.
That's a fair argument.

Two weeks ago a sweet sixteen for this team seemed basically impossible. An elite eight wasn't even an option.

To me, we're still Syracuse though. We're not just happy to be in elite eights. Regardless of the specific circumstances of any one season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom