Would this year be much different if... | Syracusefan.com

Would this year be much different if...

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
1. BJ Johnson, Tyler Roberson and Buss saw decent playing time in the out of conference and weaker conference games?

2. Coleman wasn't hurt?

3. Boeheim didn't have Christmas not only in the dog house, but on an electric leash?

4. Murray never showed up?

1) No

2) Slightly, yes.

3) Slightly, yes.

4) yes

Losing DaJuan cost us a bruiser and 5 more fouls inside. Rak is not a doghouse casualty, IMHO. He could have played all he wanted against NC State. Hell, they even went to him a couple of times on offense. He bricked both attempts and put himself on the bench with fouls. Rak's biggest hurdle is himself. Always has been. If he played with the fire of BMK on defense and had a reliable offensive game within 6 feet, he would be on the floor all the time.

Losing DaJuan cost us a bruiser and 5 more fouls inside. Rak is not a doghouse casualty, IMHO. He could have played all he wanted against NC State. Hell, they even went to him a couple of times on offense. He bricked both attempts and put himself on the bench with fouls. Rak's biggest hurdle is himself. Always has been. If he played with the fire of BMK on defense and had a reliable offensive game within 6 feet, he would be on the floor all the time.
I though Rak played his best ball of the year when Keita was out. FWIW.

Um, ok, that was wild. Went back to add the word Hello to my post, when it refreshed, it was liked by one. Halo.
I think this is a really good sign moving forward.

Hello.

1. BJ Johnson, Tyler Roberson and Buss saw decent playing time in the out of conference and weaker conference games?

2. Coleman wasn't hurt?

3. Boeheim didn't have Christmas not only in the dog house, but on an electric leash?

#2 is HUGE.

I know DC was still behind where we all hoped he would be, prior to the injury, but starting and getting just 12 minutes a game would really have saved legs on Christmas and Grant and perhaps a little on CJ too. Even more importantly it would've allowed for Grant to be the sixth man that we desperately miss this year. I know that many will say that Grant is one of our best five players and our best or second best forward and therefore needs to start and be on the floor as much as possible. But, having that spark come off the bench can add a twist to the game, keep the other team off balance and provide a psychological and emotional boost to the rest of the team. Coleman's injury takes all of that away.

Last edited:

2. Coleman wasn't hurt?

jb wanted buffalo and msg. If we played those guys we would have lost games we won. And Murry f'ed this whole season up. My life is in ruins. Thanks Murry.

I'm genuinely convinced that Buss Patterson would've given us some versatility and the "spark plug" *potentially* that we need.

Buss, BJ and Roberson are not ready so lets just stop it. We lost alot of close games without them and it had nothing to do with conditioning. Team chemistry and making shots.

As far as I am concerened we are a team that has played 2 games this season. @FSU and @Greensboro.
Now let's get this ship sailing!

Um, ok, that was wild. Went back to add the word Hello to my post, when it refreshed, it was liked by one. Halo.
I think this is a really good sign moving forward.

Hello.

I'm the anti-murry.