Would you root for Kentucky if... | Syracusefan.com

Would you root for Kentucky if...

ROCorange

Walk On
it meant that Calipari jumps to the NBA? The ESPN guys seem to think that if he wins, he'll head to the Knicks. I'm pretty torn. It would be nice to get Calipari out of the college game (and we all know that the NC won't count in a few years anyways) but damn would it make it hard to root for the knicks...

the most important thing to keep in mind is always the state of the cuse...if calipari winning the NC in a year when we aren't in the finals means he goes to the NBA and cuse gets stronger, then i could give a about all that other stuff

I don't think winning or losing will impact whether he decides to try the NBA again. If he wants to go, he'll go. I won't root for a Calipari coached team ever.

I don't think winning or losing will impact whether he decides to try the NBA again. If he wants to go, he'll go. I won't root for a Calipari coached team ever.

Disagree... While I don't know for sure that it makes no difference, I do know that winning the NCAA title is an important accomplishment he's been chasing for 20+ years.

The NBA will always be there, but he may just wanna win the National Championship before he jumps again.

Though only he knows for sure, the theory can't be proven wrong until after tonight.

it meant that Calipari jumps to the NBA? The ESPN guys seem to think that if he wins, he'll head to the Knicks. I'm pretty torn. It would be nice to get Calipari out of the college game (and we all know that the NC won't count in a few years anyways) but damn would it make it hard to root for the knicks...
If I had a guarantee he would leave for the NBA I would consider it. Like you said, odds are that any title will be vacated in a few years anyways. I have no problem with him as an NBA coach, but after issues at both UMass and Memphis (and Kentucky?) I can't root for him in college.

Sure are a lot of glass houses in this thread.

I have no problem with Calipari whatsoever. One of the greatest college coaches of all-time. Period.

Not sure he'd want to leave Kentucky after winning the NC, though. Pressure is off at that point. I think there's a greater chance he leaves if he loses, since UK nation would be devastated and they won't be nearly as good next season.

I'm sure he still wants to prove himself at the NBA level. He didn't do a bad job with the Nets - caught some bad breaks and was in his 30's at the time.

NCAA will never vacate a Kentucky title. :(
Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

I think the next coach for the Knicks is coaching for the Knicks right now. He is doing a great job and just needs to keep it up, he was pretty decent for the Hawks as well. Price point will be right as well.

Being a big Knicks fan, this is the last thing I would want to see happen.