Would you want Marrone to coach your team? | Syracusefan.com

Would you want Marrone to coach your team?

Tobias Funke

All Conference
With all of the NFL talk I wonder if any of you who's NFL team may be searching for a head coach would truly desire to see HCDM on the sidelines. I like him and think he can really take this program higher in time, but I am not sold that he can do it on the NFL level, YET. There has been a lot of talk of HCDM learning lessons as he goes. An example of this is his sideline demeanor. I wonder if he has honed his skillet enough to navigate the difficult job of an NFL head coach. I can't really know if I would be willing to see past that because my team is as far from needing a coach as they get. what are your thoughts?

While I have a favorite NFL team I don't follow them nearly as much as I do the Cuse ... but if Marrone were to leave SU then yes I would want him coaching my team.

Sure, I would take him coaching the Giants down the road.

But to answer your question, I want Doug coaching MY TEAM, the Syracuse Orange.

I'll wish him well when he leaves for sure but I just don't want him to leave yet selfishly. Our program has benefited from his last four years but needs him for another few to really set the ship straight and keep it going for the future.

I still want him to coach OUR team because he may be the perfect coach for us to keep moving Down Down the Field.

Nope. His shortcomings are minor in college and are major in the NFL. His strengths are better suited to college too. But you don't get to where he is without hubris so I'm sure his evaluation of his strengths and weaknesses is different than mine

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Nope. His shortcomings are minor in college and are major in the NFL. His strengths are better suited to college too. But you don't get to where he is without hubris so I'm sure his evaluation of his strengths and weaknesses is different than mine

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I tend to agree with this. I will be honest I am surprised he is getting so much attention. My guess is he was a highly thought of coach in the NFL who probably needed some grooming before he got th HC offers. They see what he did in the last 4years and they think he is ready. I am no expert but I think he would struggle if he gets a position.

No. Not even close yet. Maybe down the road.

I honestly think he is better suited to be an NFL HC then college. Sure some fan bases who don't know much about him won't be happy because he isn't the most charismatic guy in the world, but they will be getting one hell of a coach. Would be terrible to see him leave.

I actually think he would be a Good Hire for an NFL team. he is a business like type coach and that is what the NFL is. I for sure would want him to coach.

Have you seen some of these idiots who travel from team to team after getting fired? I can't believe he would be any worse than Norv Turner, Chan Gailey or Wade Phillips who all seem to find work on an annual basis. Hell, look at Charlie Weiss and Lane Kiffin in the college ranks who get job after job with little or no production. Coach Marrone came into a terrible situation and has made and won a bowl game two of the last three years with, apparently, some of the worst facilities around.

Point being there are plenty of coaches who have already been head coaches in the NFL who are less ready than Marrone.

As a Bills fan I want HCDM nowhere near my team. I am frankly shocked that he is getting all of this attention.

- His overall record is .500 against some pretty bad teams.
- his big east record is under .500 and this ain't against LSU and Alabama
- he makes some of the most questionable decisions I've seen this side of chan gaily on 3rd and 4th downs
- he managed to lose his team last year
- he looks like he is one bad call from either going two days in the valley on the world or going into the fetal position from all of the stress he is under
- he is complaining about all the time away from his kids as a college head coach... It's going to be worse in the pros

There have been a lot of good signs from HCDM but there are just as many question marks about him. I think given enough time he will turn the program around but he is still a work in progress as a head coach. Not sure why an NFL team wants to take a chance on a man who has yet to coach a top 25 college team.

If HCDM leaves Syracuse, turn the lights off because we are done as a football school. If the school can't get the funds needed to compete for our potential football version of Boeheim they are never going to get it for anyone else.

While the job Marrone has done at SU to resurrect the program is excellent, he's still learning on the job in many ways. He also wears the stress of his job on his sleeve.

I guess he could end up being a good NFL HC, but man I'd want no part of him coaching my team in 2013.

Have you seen some of these idiots who travel from team to team after getting fired? I can't believe he would be any worse than Norv Turner, Chan Gailey or Wade Phillips who all seem to find work on an annual basis. Hell, look at Charlie Weiss and Lane Kiffin in the college ranks who get job after job with little or no production. Coach Marrone came into a terrible situation and has made and won a bowl game two of the last three years with, apparently, some of the worst facilities around.

Point being there are plenty of coaches who have already been head coaches in the NFL who are less ready than Marrone.
I now feel like our football team practices in an abandoned crackhouse. Are they really that bad? If HCDM just wants facilities equal to ACC teams then I really dont think hes asking for too much. Its not like the ACC is a powerhouse football conference. All this talk has me beyond concerned for our future as a football program.

Two words "Greg Schiano"! Monkey face seemed to be a good recruiter with questionable game day ability. He got the job with the Bucs and actually won a few games. I think Marrone is a much better coach than Schiano and he has the experience of being an NFL offensive coordinator.

I think coach Marrone has potential. But like others have said, some of his in-game decisions are questionable, and there's still a lot of room for improvement. There is no denying that in his short time here he has grown as a coach. I am just a little disappointed that he is already looking to abandon ship. It's like leaving a job half done, on top of that if this school was one I took personal pride in, no way would I jump ship when we are in the middle of a conference transition, i'd at least wait until I get my team settled in before I go exploring my options. If he had just came here without the "dream job" references and then made these moves, I wouldn't be as disappointed.

2 Pinstrip bowl wins and a close shave against StonyBrook? No I would not want a coach who has those listed as his highlights.

2 Pinstrip bowl wins and a close shave against StonyBrook? No I would not want a coach who has those listed as his highlights.

Yeesh, yep those are the data points GM's would be evaluating exclusive of anything else.

While the job Marrone has done at SU to resurrect the program is excellent, he's still learning on the job in many ways. He also wears the stress of his job on his sleeve.

I guess he could end up being a good NFL HC, but man I'd want no part of him coaching my team in 2013.

gregg williams and chan gailey lost bills fans with repeated punts inside the 40. i'm not saying this because I'm out there about punting, honest. but if marrone ever pulled a stunt like punting from the 32 like he did against USC, you'd never hear the end of it. at syracuse you might get a message board thread about it ooooo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom