Wow. Bruce Bowen with the Stevie Thompson reference | Syracusefan.com

Wow. Bruce Bowen with the Stevie Thompson reference

44cuse

All Conference
Said Dwayne Wade in Game 3 was reminiscent of "Stevie Thompson from Syracuse" with the defense just going under every screen because he wouldn't shoot the jumper.

That is one obscure reference for national television. But awesome!

44cuse

college hoops legend. i can remember with all the talent we had big john thompson saying stevie t. was the killer.

God I loved Stevie Thompson. He needs to show his face in Cuse more

Agreed. One of my favorite players of all time. I can still remember watching and vividly thinking: "How is this guy that much more athletic than everyone else?"

So good.

44cuse

Stevie and DC. What a combo Senior Day that was. Only timed I cried when those guys left.

Stevie and DC. What a combo Senior Day that was. Only timed I cried when those guys left.

There was an awesome play in that senior game against Georgetown where Thompson drove into the lane, then had a wrap around pass to DC for a layup / foul, and the two of them woofed it up.

Stevie was great. For a guy who couldn't shoot outside of the shadow of the basket, he's pretty high on the all time scoring list.

How does a guy with no jump shot average 18 and 17.8 in his junior and senior years while shooting .639 and .510 from the field at only 6' 2"? He was sick. Everytime we recruit someone, I hope we've found the next guy that's that athletic and fun to watch on a break. I've been continually disappointed for over 20 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom