Wow. Court storm in maryland | Syracusefan.com

Wow. Court storm in maryland

Seriously I turned it right off. Queer

Beat #1 team or make NCAA or win conference tourney

Also Maryland is a school that has a National Championship. It's not like they're Stony Brook or something. Against a school that is ranked top 15 for the first time since the 80s? Court Storm? Really?

I normally have no problem with court stormings but that was bad. Its nc state!!!

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

MD coach said it was an emotional lift for the team and fans. They have been irrelevant for a long time. The court storm speaks to the truth of that statement.

I get the feeling we are going to be the Harlem Globetrotters in this new league and it'll be like playing the Washington Generals most nights.

I have no real issues with court storming for a program that is a bit down from normal.

Remember in 2003 we stormed after beating Missouri (who was not even top 10 at the time) :rolling: and then Spitt. The court storms during / coming out of a bit of a down period are always awkward. Its a nice accomplishment now, but it's not something worthy of a storm in the past or hopefully in the future.

We have been too good the last five years such that no opponent is storm worthy. I can only see a storm coming against a #1 UNC or Duke team in the future.

Do we storm the court after beating Louisville this Saturday? I know we're playing at UL, but I expect 40-50% of the crowd will be Orange. ;)

Do we storm the court after beating Louisville this Saturday? I know we're playing at UL, but I expect 40-50% of the crowd will be Orange. ;)

How hilarious would that be, lol

I get the feeling we are going to be the Harlem Globetrotters in this new league and it'll be like playing the Washington Generals most nights.

Possibly. But you have to remember that the ACC was far superior on a whole to the Big East from about 1992-2007 (a few spots here and there for the Big East). Since then the Big East has switched it around. But I do think the ACC can regain its strength outside Duke and UNC. Right now we are walking into a mess, but I hope a few of these programs can improve a lot over the next recruiting cycle in order that there are more than just a handful of intriguing conference matchups each year,

did we really storm the court in '03 against missouri? i dont remember that at all.

We shouldn't throw stones I was thoroughly disgusted in 2005 when we stormed the court against a top 20 West Virginia team on Big Monday. I refused to storm, but several students did and it made me barf as it was only 2 years after the NC. The last time SU stormed the court was in 2007 when we got robbed from the NCAA tournament and we beat top 10 Georgetown on Senior Night which was also a big Monday. I don't want to SU storm the court in basketball again unless we beat a #1 UNC or Duke at the Dome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom