Wow dion | Syracusefan.com

Wow dion

Thats fine, but take it to the hole. Dont be shooting 1 legged fadeaways!
Not disagreeing with you at all. But I think JB called a clear-out for him, which was pretty obvious, and not a bad strategy in that situation - if he misses the shot, there's a good chance he gets fouled (if he takes it strong to the hole).

Dion dribbles aimlessly for 32 seconds then puts up an off balance heave. Never looked to pass. Nice. Looking more and more like he'll be back next year. His BB IQ needs to catch up to his physical skills.

He's lost a little confidence in his game right now... Jumper is off... He'll be OK

I'm hoping the bright lights of MSG give Dion a spark. He played great against Stanford in the Garden.

Dion dribbles aimlessly for 32 seconds then puts up an off balance heave. Never looked to pass. Nice. Looking more and more like he'll be back next year. His BB IQ needs to catch up to his physical skills.

Maybe he would've ended up with that shot anyway but his man tripped him. Might have kept him from going up stronger and drawing a more obvious foul. Was still too far from the basket though.

The 3 he launched from the top of the key after dribbling the ball around is in no way team basketball. It may have been the play call, but it's one-on-one offense which isn't working so well this year.

Watch the replay. Pretty sure JB called a clear-out for him to drive to the basket.

Watch the replay. Pretty sure JB called a clear-out for him to drive to the basket.

Which is a weird play call if what the announcer said was true about JB telling Dion in practice that he would pull him if Dion took any more floaters. Even if it was a clear out Dion has to either get fouled or take a good shot.

Why? Dion is not the player I want with the ball with the game resting on his shoulders. Scoop? Triche? What!!!

Why? Dion is not the player I want with the ball with the game resting on his shoulders. Scoop? Triche? What!!!

He was clearly the guy last week. JB gave him a chance to do it again. Triche and Scoop have more than their share of What plays. We won't be the team #1 without Melo and without Dion kicking butt.

NBA next year?
Really?
The skills are there.
The decision making is not.

That final shot was horrendous.
And that's being kind.
If you can't get to the glass...dish.
He had KJ available for an open 3.

He also took a terrible off balance jumper from top of the key late in the 2nd half.
We missed a lot of shots.
But most of them were good shots.
Many of them open.
Not so for Dion.

He was clearly the guy last week. JB gave him a chance to do it again. Triche and Scoop have more than their share of What plays. We won't be the team #1 without Melo and without Dion kicking butt.

Agreed that we need Dion to make plays down the stretch, but given how he played today I think it was a poor decision on JBs part to give him the ball at the end of the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom