"Wow...how will anyone guard Syracuse in March?" | Syracusefan.com

"Wow...how will anyone guard Syracuse in March?"

Never, ever, did I imagine that a sports article would say this about us: "It’s arguably America’s deepest team. There are teams with better seven-man rotations. Not sure there’s a squad with a better, more balanced 10-man setup." Live long enough and you will see everything.

Never, ever, did I imagine that a sports article would say this about us: "It’s arguably America’s deepest team. There are teams with better seven-man rotations. Not sure there’s a squad with a better, more balanced 10-man setup." Live long enough and you will see everything.
Forget a sports article saying that about us, I've never, ever imagined we'd actually have a legit 10 man rotation.

...very cool...the deepest 10 man team in the country...and the deepest 15!!!!

Forget a sports article saying that about us, I've never, ever imagined we'd actually have a legit 10 man rotation.

We've seen this movie before. We'll see if 10 play once the Big East portion of the schedule starts.

I'm not sure the main benefit of our depth is making us difficult to guard. I'm still not convinced we have a really good post-up option or enough outside shpooting. If Southerland keeps it up and has a good year as a designated shooter, that would make a HUGE difference for this team.

I think the takeaway from the depth is how are teams going to score on us? If all ten guys remain in the rotation, you can keep the defensive energy up, and JB can keep coming at other teams with wave after wave of long, athletic guys who can alter and block shots all over the place, and tall guards who can push the three point shooters out.

We've seen this movie before. We'll see if 10 play once the Big East portion of the schedule starts.
Yes, but my hopes are high this year may be different. There seems to be a lot more interchangeability between players this year. And so far there has not been a perceptible drop off in performance when the bench players come in.

Have we though? I would say most, if not all of our top 10 players would start, or play major minutes on most other teams in the country. There's no way JB can keep any of these guys off the floor, too much talent.

Yeah, I can't remember sub patterns from early games last year, or the year before or whatever, but JB is going 8 or 9 deep within the first 8 minutes of the game, if not earlier.

So I think the 9-10 may be here to stay. Not every game, perhaps, but a lot of them.

Yeah, I can't remember sub patterns from early games last year, or the year before or whatever, but JB is going 8 or 9 deep within the first 8 minutes of the game, if not earlier.

So I think the 9-10 may be here to stay. Not every game, perhaps, but a lot of them.
I agree. But then I think...who is going to fall out of the rotation? If you look at it that way you almost have to conclude 10 all year.