Wow, Marrone's got us in such a tizzy that no one posted Dakari to Kentucky | Syracusefan.com

Wow, Marrone's got us in such a tizzy that no one posted Dakari to Kentucky

OttosBestFriend

2nd String
Apparently, Cuse has too many big men, but Kentucky won't with Dakari saying its not a problem if Noel stays

Lost another one to Cal

It was known for a while, no $urprise.

Its been talked about today on the recruiting board.

Apparently, Cuse has too many big men, but Kentucky won't with Dakari saying its not a problem if Noel stays

Lost another one to Cal
It's on the recruiting board, but it's not overblown. Did you see the graphic they posted when he announced. UK has like the #1 or #2 ranked played at each position coming in. I haven't look at their roster, but do they really need a six man class.

I lose some respect for every kid that goes to Kentuck-ah.

Yeah, the Duke kids are annoying nerds, but at least I believe they're mostly on the up and up.

There's nothing wrong with kentucky getting the highest ranked player at each position every ing year.
and there is equally nothing wrong with me hating the living out of that program.

their recruiting is not even worth commenting on anymore

There's nothing wrong with kentucky getting the highest ranked player at each position every ******* year.

What you meant to say was - "There's nothing wrong with kentucky getting the highest paid player at each position every ******* year."

JB's handling of freshman, rightly or wrongly, has likely played a big role in some of these decisions.

Cal: "Hey Dakari, how much playing time has Dajuan Coleman received this year? How about Fab Melo?"

You have to think that catches up eventually.

JB's handling of freshman, rightly or wrongly, has likely played a big role in some of these decisions.

Cal: "Hey Dakari, how much playing time has Dajuan Coleman received this year? How about Fab Melo?"

Well he does have 2 upperclassmen ahead of him as opposed to Kentucky when the incoming freshmen are the upperclassmen.

clap.gif

I agree. But looking at it from our side of the equation; I'd rather have 3 guys in the rotation than 2. One guy who's the four year program guy, a freshman star big and a sophomore star big. There are very few kids who are as good as Sullinger or Anthony Davis as freshman. If you are a program, you can't count on the one kid being dominating every single year. It will catch up with you.

So, I'll take our model, and it permits kids to grow into their role. You can sell the top kids on giving it 2 years, as he said recently in an interview. But you do have to manage your roster.

I have always thought you were a Kentucky fan. Call them as I see them. So quick to oppose the school of popular thought on this forum.

You'd go to UK too if you were handed 8,000 shares of AAPL. That's how they're beating the system these days.

You'd go to UK too if you were handed 8,000 shares of AAPL. That's how they're beating the system these days.

prove it

There's always going to be teams with a better coach and older/almost as talented players to match up with Kentucky (like Syracuse). Unless the perfect storm of Unibrow-power and several older players come together like last season, who knows how much Cal's system will really affect other teams that recruit the top players.

SU is in a good position being mentioned by all these guys. I don't expect to get any of them but being everyone's second choice isn't bad. I actually think these guys give SU some good exposure by teasing us.

If Nerlins came to SU I guarantee you 100% he'd have been ruled ineligible by the NCAA. If Ricky Ledo chose Kentucky or UCLA instead of Providence I promise 100% he'd be playing basketball this year. I couldn't be more certain of either of those two things. I think there is no way the NCAA rules Nerlins eligible here, none.

Coleman and Christmas aren't playing well enough to come close to getting drafted Dakari is a clear cut 1 and done.

Tell that to the people who bought it at $700.

Anyone else sick of the Kentucky paying guys etc without proof? Just reeks of jealousy to me. Kentucky is the #1 college basketball program in the country and they have no need to pay anyone with Cal's record of getting kids to the NBA and now a championship to sell as well. Don't have to like Kentucky and I certainly don't but making accusations partly to put us on some higher moral ground makes us look ridiculous IMHO.

You have to wonder, If you are a UK fan.. How much enjoyment do you get out of winning a game? I mean, with all those 5 star players aren't you supposed to win every game? If you do win, your pissed that it wasn't by more and your triple pissed if you lose. Sounds familiar doesn't it...?

There's always going to be teams with a better coach and older/almost as talented players to match up with Kentucky (like Syracuse). Unless the perfect storm of Unibrow-power and several older players come together like last season, who knows how much Cal's system will really affect other teams that recruit the top players.

Well they've made the final four the last 2 years, won the title last year, and made the elite 8 in the first year with Calipari.

Anyone else sick of the Kentucky paying guys etc without proof. Justs reeks of jealousy to me. Kentucky is the #1 college basketball program in the country and they have no need to pay anyone with Cal's record of getting kids to the NBA and now a championship to sell as well. Don't have to like Kentucky and I certainly don't but making accusations partly to put us on some higher moral ground makes us look ridiculous IMHO.

I think everyone pretty much knows Cal is clean now. But we also know he built his empire on cheating.